FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I was disappoint looking at the fridge earlier. Only 1 helping of mac n cheese and green beans left each. We didnt cook the whole turkey either.

Definitely dont feel like cooking, so might order out.

Pollo pibil from Rosa Mexicano. Couldn’t do anymore leftovers.
FBE8ACD5-C492-4F03-B318-765F7A077628.jpeg

I've never had a calzone
It never enters my mind to even think to order one if I see it on a menu
Maybe one day I'll order one

Calzones are a totally different experience than pizza. Usually ricotta based, therefore much creamier and no sauce on the inside. Id choose a great calzone over a great slice any day.

I've only been to one spot where the calzone actually was far superior to the pizza, which to me was a surprise as it was right up there taste wise with my favorite pizza spot at John's of Bleecker. The calzone I had was on a completely different level and blew the pizza out of the water, go to Lucali's in Brooklyn, and skip the pizza and go for that damn calzone, holy crap is it good. And get the sauce on the side, it compliments it so well and more than satisfying. So damn delicious, one of the best things I've ever had in my entire life, no joke.

Matchbox, DC has a nice "Calzone."

They call it a pizza roll. They let you make it using any pizza they have on the menu or you could just customize it.

The best calzones I have ever eaten.

Back
Top Bottom