FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Best anniversary gift ever:
2D0E98E3-F7CB-4D20-981D-5843EFCE8663.jpeg

truffles?

I would be done after 0.5 bites. Whole lot of chocolates
When I moved out, my parents swung by to have a look-see and after they left I fell asleep. I woke up late in the evening with a rumbling stomach. I stumpled across the dark floor and opened the fridge. As I stood there in light of the empty fridge, I realized, I hadn't bought any groceries and that there probably weren't any stores open nearby and I was hungry. I closed the fridge and stood there in darkness, trying to think really hard. I opened the fridge again, still empty. I closed it again, darkness again. Desperately I opened the mini-freezer and found this:

29304011_0_640x640.jpg

My mom had without any mention hid one of these in my mini-freezer.

This was my first meal on the first night after moving out. I want to say, I only ate three-quarters of it, but I probably ate it all.

Special shout out to my mom.

Some people love the chocolate cake milkshake at portillos
But I just can’t get down with it
Throwing a piece of chocolate cake in the milkshake is too much

Some people love the chocolate cake milkshake at portillos
But I just can’t get down with it
Throwing a piece of chocolate cake in the milkshake is too much

That’s how I feel about a lot of things that layer more sweetness on top of something already sweet. Like donuts topped with Oreo crumbles or candy. And Birthday Cake Milkshakes, etc. Excessive sweetness is a no for me.

Is this place good? Never been. I know there’s a couple out in the suburbs of Houston

I think it's good for typical diner food, big portions like lawdog1 lawdog1 stated. They also have some selection with smaller portions for few bucks less. I never tried their steak or prime rib. Their sandwiches and burgers are what I'd get if I go.

Back
Top Bottom