FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Woke up this morning WANTING this.....:emoji_disappointed:

Bacon and cheddar potato donut from The Holy Donut in Portland, Maine

Their donuts are AMAZING! They are all made with Maine potatoes in the mix and I always wake up early to make sure I walk down Exchange Street to get to the store right when they open. The bacon and cheddar (which sells out early) and the dark chocolate sea salt are my ultimate favorites. I dunno what it is with the dark chocolate sea salt, but that is the only donut I ever had where I can save it for the next day and it is not stale. It still tastes as good as it did the day I bought it.

20190210_085248.jpg
20190210_091726.jpg
20190210_092108.jpg

I liked Portland, ME when I visited. Cool food spots and tons of breweries.

Got drunk at Bissel Brothers and walked 2 doors down to the Museum of Cryptozoology :nthat:
LLS Yeah, you can definitely go bar hopping and stay in like a good 2-3 block radius (if that). I LOVE their restaurant options though.....both Portlands (ME and OR) are awesome cities for foodies IMO.

i've been wanting to do a Portland/Boston trip but it always gets put off and i end up goin to NYC or VT instead

Portland seems high on a best food per capita city list

i've been wanting to do a Portland/Boston trip but it always gets put off and i end up goin to NYC or VT instead

Made that trip around this time of the year 3 years back. Made stops at Tree House, Tilted Barn, Trillium, and Bissell Brothers.

Was drinking GOOD up until New Year's. :lol: Swish was the best beer out of everything I purchased.

And deservingly so! :emoji_slight_smile: That is a place where you definitely gonna want to have money to spend on food because it is not the cheapest place to dine.

Had a nice poppy seed bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and some OJ with pulp. OJ drinkers whats your go to? and are you team pulp or no pulp?

pulp is horrible

And deservingly so! :emoji_slight_smile: That is a place where you definitely gonna want to have money to spend on food because it is not the cheapest place to dine.

don't mind splurging on food/drink at all

there's certainly a lot of over-priced/over-hyped stuff out there but as long as you do your due diligence you should have a reasonable idea of what to expect from a place

OMG.....Sprinkles better stop playing with me sending me an email with this goodness.....

An order will definitely be made today for next week!

Screenshot_20201119-111910_Gmail.jpg

had a turkey dinner for lunch at this local turkey deli... it's dark turkey meat with three sides au gratin, mixed vegetables and mac and cheese...I wanted the prime rib but was an hour wait... meal was pretty hefty for $13.00...definitely worth it and I'm full lol
IMG_20201119_172431434.jpg

Back
Top Bottom