FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

F7DAF4C6-8FFB-472B-B864-C7A4D38FDEC9.jpeg

Yep, I participate in the corporate monetization of the holidays. Whatevs...

Smoked (right) Turkey is very good.

Again, I question the preparers of the bird for those that think it doesn't taste good.

Even roasted, if you know what you are doing and it doesnt look like how those stupid turkeys look on the covers of grocery store checkout line magazines, it can be very good.

So yea, #UserError

Moms bday today so we got a fruit tart and I grilled some steak and smoked a whole chicken for the first time. Practicing for thanksgiving I wanna do a turkey

steak was good, need to work on it more but I
never really eat steak. Ive already been wanting to but it made me realize I def need to get some good salt

my parents don’t like pink in their steak (before someone says something :lol: )
AE0D2863-724B-4474-9D18-E5C398B19C4A.jpeg

wish we had better lighting in the kitchen :lol: to show the true color
B6F31EFF-8269-4EC8-A86B-99482C251403.jpeg

968E5348-1F4B-474E-BCF1-06C782F5E502.jpeg

2B644150-9649-4685-B451-C234A5109AB4.jpeg

Moms bday today so we got a fruit tart and I grilled some steak and smoked a whole chicken for the first time. Practicing for thanksgiving I wanna do a turkey

steak was good, need to work on it more but I
never really eat steak. Ive already been wanting to but it made me realize I def need to get some good salt

my parents don’t like pink in their steak (before someone says something :lol: )
AE0D2863-724B-4474-9D18-E5C398B19C4A.jpeg
B6F31EFF-8269-4EC8-A86B-99482C251403.jpeg
968E5348-1F4B-474E-BCF1-06C782F5E502.jpeg

wish we had better lighting in the kitchen :lol:
2B644150-9649-4685-B451-C234A5109AB4.jpeg

Chicken looks solid. How was it moisture wise?

Did you brine it?

Chicken looks solid. How was it moisture wise?

Did you brine it?
No just marinated with dry seasonings. Still learning, maybe next time I’ll brine it 👀

I switched over from cooking the steak to the chicken and I completely forgot to put a water pan so it could have been juicier but def wasn’t dry

you ever done a whole one? Tips or recipes?

No just marinated with dry seasonings. Still learning, maybe next time I’ll brine it 👀

I switched over from cooking the steak to the chicken and I completely forgot to put a water pan so it could have been juicier but def wasn’t dry

you ever done a whole one? Tips or recipes?
If you are thinking about doing a turkey, get some practice in. You definitely need to brine that thing man. Overnight.

I would suggest putting two water pans in the kettle as well to add moisture and regulate the heat.

Turkey CAN be good, but it takes a good amount of doctoring.

Brined and smoked turkey? Good. Gordon Ramsay's turkey recipe with the compound butter under the skin? Good.

Having said that, it's still pretty bland in comparison to other meats. Fat is flavor, and turkey is pretty damn lean. It will always be comparably dry and bland.

If you are thinking about doing a turkey, get some practice in. You definitely need to brine that thing man. Overnight.

I would suggest putting two water pans in the kettle as well to add moisture and regulate the heat.
I need to watch some more YouTube vids and see what that man Malcolm says :lol:

Personally i don't like turkey. I will have tiny little piece on thanksgiving just cause tradition. Luckily spanish people make more stuff besides turkey on thankgiving. I did have fried turkey once at a friendsgiving and **** was on point. Also serious question whats the deal with cranberry sauce. What does it do? Does it taste good? I have so many questions

I eat ground turkey almost every day, only way to make it worthwhile is the right #condiments

Back
Top Bottom