FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Made some Green seasoning a while ago

Chad Beni (Culantro), garlic, ginger, marjoram, chives, parsley, jalapeño (store didn’t have habanero) and a little vinegar to preserve
0BF97DD5-4DF3-46F1-ABFD-13A920DB26B1.jpeg
05719915-801A-41DA-BB77-EA69364E3AD8.jpeg

Seasoned the chicken with some of the green seasoning, some blackening and creole seasoning. Served it with leftover jollof rice
7AEA74B9-7A99-4C63-96CC-5E9DF90662E4.jpeg

Question.

Looking at the BBQ CHallenge show on Netflix, the dude Grubbs put some cold cheese on a sandwich.

Is there EVER a time where ANY of you PREFER cold (unmelted) cheese on a sandwich over melted cheese?

I am not a cheese dude, but I just can't understand the concept of cheese not being melted on a sandwich.

THoughts?

always melted on a hot sandwich

reminds me of the people who add shredded mozzarella on a slice of pizza after it's cooked :sick:

that cold cheese contrast does nothing for me

Question.

Looking at the BBQ CHallenge show on Netflix, the dude Grubbs put some cold cheese on a sandwich.

Is there EVER a time where ANY of you PREFER cold (unmelted) cheese on a sandwich over melted cheese?

I am not a cheese dude, but I just can't understand the concept of cheese not being melted on a sandwich.

THoughts?
Outside of cold cut sandwiches? Can't really think of any other instance where I'd want cold cheese on a sandwich.

Question.

THoughts?
I assume you are only talking about hot sandwiches?

Had 2 racks of "baby back ribs"

Cooked one on the grill

20200215_145310.jpg

Did an experiment with the other rack.

Rubbed it with "liquid smoke" and olive oil then massaged it with a mixture of brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, and some other things , then threw it in the air fryer.

Turned out pretty good

20200215_120454.jpg

Use the incidental method on your ribs as well.

ahat ahat , you found a Bean Pie spot in your city right? They open?

It bothered me when ANY of them referenced this competition proving they can compete with the best grillMasters in the world :lol:

Not sure what the two "hosts" were doing but they were pointless. :lol:
My man Rasheed came up with some interesting recipes. He def has some other culinary experience in addition to smoking.

watch out for Grubbs and Ashley though. High quality entertainments provided by those two :lol:

My man Rasheed came up with some interesting recipes. He def has some other culinary experience in addition to smoking.

watch out for Grubbs and Ashley though. High quality entertainments provided by those two :lol:
Rasheed was funny man. PLaying dumb as if you had no experience was a great way to present himself. :lol:

:lol: @ Sylvia failing on the ribs and Grubbs failing on the wild games

Rasheed was funny man. PLaying dumb as if you had no experience was a great way to present himself. :lol:

:lol: @ Sylvia failing on the ribs and Grubbs failing on the wild games
Grubbs was talking big about being the sausage master and having the most experience cooking wild game too. Man was a walking punchline.

Did you ever think it was weird that everybody wore the same clothes for the length of the show? :lol:

Grubbs was talking big about being the sausage master and having the most experience cooking wild game too. Man was a walking punchline.

Did you ever think it was weird that everybody wore the same clothes for the length of the show? :lol:
Yea. This was a conversation while watching it.

Everyone had the same clothes on but there were shots of nightfall as well.

I don't understand what happened there.

Back
Top Bottom