FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Made a quick simple dinner. Nothing fancy but it was delish. Breaded chicken cutlets, white rice and Maduros ( sweet plantains)
F4745DE3-A010-47E4-A911-59C9901EB3B5.jpeg

so I’ve been eating seafood my whole life. My dad was a commercial fisherman growing up. I’ve eaten everything under the sun, but my favorite seafood is crab.

before covid struck, me and the fam went to this giant seafood cookout event. I basically had all you can eat crab and I had a healthy amount. Before we left, I got a terrible stomache ache, followed by super itchy skin. My throat started itching and swelling and I started breaking out in hives when I got home.

I didn’t want to admit that maybe I had some sort of allergic reaction to the crab. I was hoping it was just general food poisoning or the marinara or some other dipping sauce. I completely forgot about the incident because the pandemic hit and I haven’t eaten out since Then.

fast forward to last night. Rents brought back some crab from the coast. We cooked it up and ate it with melted butter. SAME. FREAKING. REACTION. I’m devastated and praying it’s just crab and not all seafood. Don’t know if I can keep on living without consuming all sea creatures.

so I’ve been eating seafood my whole life. My dad was a commercial fisherman growing up. I’ve eaten everything under the sun, but my favorite seafood is crab.

before covid struck, me and the fam went to this giant seafood cookout event. I basically had all you can eat crab and I had a healthy amount. Before we left, I got a terrible stomache ache, followed by super itchy skin. My throat started itching and swelling and I started breaking out in hives when I got home.

I didn’t want to admit that maybe I had some sort of allergic reaction to the crab. I was hoping it was just general food poisoning or the marinara or some other dipping sauce. I completely forgot about the incident because the pandemic hit and I haven’t eaten out since Then.

fast forward to last night. Rents brought back some crab from the coast. We cooked it up and ate it with melted butter. SAME. FREAKING. REACTION. I’m devastated and praying it’s just crab and not all seafood. Don’t know if I can keep on living without consuming all sea creatures.

camron-praying.gif

1F74D450-07E6-4863-BB57-83F018A5D3CC.jpeg
F0AA67B8-617E-4900-B44B-1CC16566F71D.jpeg
I bought a bag too
I knew the bag wasn’t gunna be to spicy considering the whole bag cost $1.99 and the one chip cost seven dollars
The chips are ok, spicy yeah.. but the flavor isn’t “bomb”

Damn, im the opposite. Allergic as a kid and outgrew it as i got older

calibeebee calibeebee Talk about being the Son of a Fisherman.

Did yall mostly eat seafood growing up?

(No Disrespect) But did that scent linger in the house? I always wondered about jobs like that and if the person working the job essentially carried that scent around with him. (Legit don't mean any harms).

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
Yeah he would have the house smelling like fish sometimes. It wasn’t a rotten smell. Just kinda like being near the ocean or the seafood section of a market.

he would wash his gear and clothes in a separate laundryroom we kept in our garage. The only time our house stank from seafood was when I heated up sea bass in the microwave. That was a big mistake. I was young though so maybe I didn’t notice a lot.

Back
Top Bottom