FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What do you guys usually put in your shakes? Might just buy a blender today and try to get started. Gonna look up different recipes online.
I used to workout either way before or way after my feeding period so I never had a “post-workout meal”

my protein shakes usually just consist of protein and water. Delicious :lol:

What do you guys usually put in your shakes? Might just buy a blender today and try to get started. Gonna look up different recipes online.
My go to is below.

I will say this, don't use TOO much fruit. I try not to use more than 2 fruits in a smoothie UNLESS I am going for "Junk Food." Too much sugar will get into your bloodstream at once and you want to stay away from heavy spikes in blood/sugar levels.

As far as a Protein, I tend to stick to neutral flavors. Plan or Vanilla. I can always ALTER the taste with MY ingredients. So that is why EYE generally stay away from CHocolate/PB flavored Protein Powders.

Almond Milk
Peanut Butter
Oats
Cinnamon
Flax Seeds / Wheat Germ
Frozen Bananas

I used to workout either way before or way after my feeding period so I never had a “post-workout meal”

my protein shakes usually just consist of protein and water. Delicious :lol:
From the latest Men's Fitness when asked about supplements Randy Orton had this to say:

"I learned a lot from Chris Benoit. He doesn't like shaker cups because they get dirty and stink so quickly. So he'll take two scoops of protein powder and put it in his mouth dry, then put a little water in and shake his head around. I use to look at him and think, "Damn, that's hardcore!" Then one day I was like "F-ck this shaker", and I started doing it the Benoit way."

From the latest Men's Fitness when asked about supplements Randy Orton had this to say:

"I learned a lot from Chris Benoit. He doesn't like shaker cups because they get dirty and stink so quickly. So he'll take two scoops of protein powder and put it in his mouth dry, then put a little water in and shake his head around. I use to look at him and think, "Damn, that's hardcore!" Then one day I was like "F-ck this shaker", and I started doing it the Benoit way."
“The Benoit way”
full

To get that smell out your shaker, put in a paper towel and leave it over night.

Woke up craving some spanish food. Like besides the stuff i make. I really wish their was a decent Peruvian restaurant near me for some Lomo Saltado or a Colombian restaurant for a Bandeja Paisa smh

^^^ That’s a solid portion of plantains. Kind of craving them now, so my go Cuban for lunch.

Only been to Chipotle a couple of times and never thought it was anything better than just ok.

Lucky to live in a place where there are many, many better options for Mexican.

DoorDash is offering DashPass Members (more info): Buy One Entree and receive a Second Entree for Free at Chipotle with promo code CHIPOTLE20 (apply at checkout, maximum discount is $12). Delivery is free with DashPass on orders $12+ or you may opt for pickup where available. Thanks Talsam

Back
Top Bottom