FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Pimento Bacon Cheeburger @ Dry 85- Ocean City
9A215A11-0DDC-4C0D-924D-C9FE3E27523F.jpeg

Salmon
5092D190-6FCB-40C6-AA48-2D75FD1BD122.jpeg

One of my favorite summer fruits. I don’t know what the name is in English is. We call them quenepas. It’s small and green and you need to crack the skin off and it’s a big pit surrounded by sweet flesh you suck on to get off 😂. Have any of y’all ever had it?
60788D0B-93DF-4039-8E10-523CCDEC604B.jpeg
Damn these bring back childhood memories.

I would prefer Salmon, but I don't mess with cheese like that and see how all have Macaroni and Cheese except for #2, I will go with #2
SHrimps, Greens, Rice, Sweet Potato

I don't really mess with greens so 3 or 4.
3 has two proteins
4 salmon is a good size.

What do you guys usually have post Workout? I usually avoid going too heavy. Normally crave something light like chicken breast and avocado.

What do you guys usually have post Workout? I usually avoid going too heavy. Normally crave something light like chicken breast and avocado.
I am home these days due to Covids.

I drink a protein shale directly afterwards and after a shower, I eat a full meal.

75% of the time double veggie + a Proteins.

Yesterday:

Sunflower Cafe - Vegan restaurant.

Crispy Brussels Sprouts - nut-free
Brussels Sprouts friend in tempura batter and tossed in Mae Ploy

Fried Avocado Tacos - nut fee
Avocado, roasted tomato, shredded romaine lettuce, vegan cheese, mild chipotle salsa and corn tortilla

335AF2B4-F4CB-4D34-A6AA-278C79103675.jpeg

B381E6C6-7D4E-43F0-84EA-CA881C84FE57.jpeg

Sounds like you’ll be hungry 10 minutes later
I usually workout 3 hrs after lunch or dinner cause I do some running so I'm really not too hungry post workout. Only need something for recovery. Unless it's a run in the morning in which case I only have a banana pre run so my lunch doubles as my meal and recovery. I always crave chicken tho. Not even deep fried, always feel like grilled chicken after.

I am home these days due to Covids.

I drink a protein shale directly afterwards and after a shower, I eat a full meal.

75% of the time double veggie + a Proteins.
I need to get on protein shakes. I know y'all do homemade shakes, but are their any recommendations for store bought shakes?

I usually workout 3 hrs after lunch or dinner cause I do some running so I'm really not too hungry post workout. Only need something for recovery. Unless it's a run in the morning in which case I only have a banana pre run so my lunch doubles as my meal and recovery. I always crave chicken tho. Not even deep fried, always feel like grilled chicken after.
Oh I see. I could never workout after dinner. I prefer to workout fasted or with very minimal food in my system. Most I’ll do is oatmeal oh some days. Dinner is after my workout. Usually chicken and rice or some kind of variation

I need to get on protein shakes. I know y'all do homemade shakes, but are their any recommendations for store bought shakes?
Don't do that to yourself. Why would you?

If for transporting purposes, buy a shaker cup.

Plus you can control the ingredients to a degree.

I always do homemade post workout shakes.
If I’m doing carbs, it’s always pineapple/strawberry, milk, protein, honey.

if I’m off carbs I’ll just throw some low carb milk straight in my shaker bottle with the protein powder.

I guess I’ve never really heard of premade protein shakes. Are those like Ensure drinks?

waste of money bruh
convenience is nice but for what they charge and a lot of the places adding unnecessary sugar and whatnot you better off making your own
and it's a lot of fun trying out new ingredients

after workouts i usually try to eat something small that'll get my blood sugar up real quick like a piece of a banana but i usually can't eat much right after i workout.
i usually have a protein shake 30-40 minutes before my workout.

nothing 2-3 hours before workout
a protein shake immediately after workout
then whatever i'd normally eat for dinner

for the protein shake i've been using plant based protein powder (chocolate), almond milk, peanut butter, and a frozen banana

Don't do that to yourself. Why would you?

If for transporting purposes, buy a shaker cup.

Plus you can control the ingredients to a degree.
Eventually I'll make my own. I don't know anything about making shakes yet. Never drank one b4. Gonna buy different ones in store first just to get an idea of what they're like.

What do you guys usually put in your shakes? Might just buy a blender today and try to get started. Gonna look up different recipes online.

What do you guys usually put in your shakes? Might just buy a blender today and try to get started. Gonna look up different recipes online.
protein powder
liquid ( water, almond milk, milk, coconut milk)
fruit
ice all you need

can add misc ingredients like peanut butter, oats, chia seed, flax seed, etc etc

Eventually I'll make my own. I don't know anything about making shakes yet. Never drank one b4. Gonna buy different ones in store first just to get an idea of what they're like.
My man, if you have a blender you can make a shake.

There is nothing to know. :lol:

People have posted recipes in here, what are you nervous about? :lol:

Plus what you buy from the store won't be what you are able to make at home. False reality.

GO to the store, buy 20 bananas. Cut them into 4 (after peeling), but in a gallon freezer bag. This will be a BASE for sweetness.

Buy some Almond Milk or CoConut's milk, use 12 OZ, add Banana and Protein Powder and Oats.

It is simple.

Back
Top Bottom