FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

according the website, $115.00.
Guess I probably could've looked that up myself :lol:

I've never bought a steak like that though so really didn't have an idea of what it was all about. Not sure I'd be willing to pay that. Also feel like that's a huge cut for wagyu.

Hmmm didn’t know this was a thread lol... last few things I’ve made for the fam

B3C2A8A0-23FF-4133-B48B-51D04D2E8F0B.jpeg

A15EAA83-A316-4979-B591-BAD4374FED52.jpeg

D7B2B861-2B0D-4E43-96EB-47F8AB287FBD.jpeg

02E47613-3577-4CF0-B670-8E269B778247.jpeg

Since you are new, you get a pass.

But the mod of this thread solewoman solewoman runs a tight ship around here.

If you don't post WHERE you get your food from, as well as each specific item pictured, it is a week ban from the thread.

She has Meth's backing as well.

So what is everything in those MANY pictures?

If it were A5, that'd be way too thick. A5 is way too rich to be eating in large amounts. I was hoping that this would be a good in-between USDA Prime and A5.

Something better than a steak you'd eat every week, but still beefy and doesn't make you feel like you just ate a brick of butter.

Only ever had wagyu in Japan. Found a spot that gave 8 diff cuts, cook it yourself.

These chicks beside me were tryna cook the grease they give for the grill 😂

I say this with all the #'s in the world.

I always viewed Katz sandwiches as having WAY too much (high) animal flesh. You could probably take of a few pieces from the top of each side and have more than enough.

"Yall eat it like THAT?"

I think that’s Cho-ganjang with a lot of extra stuff in it.
I looked up the restaurant I had it at. I guess the one I had was just sweet and sour topped with cucumber and carrots :lol:. Def tasted different and way better than any sweet and sour I’ve had before tho 🧐 that’s why I thought it was something else

I say this with all the #'s in the world.

I always viewed Katz sandwiches as having WAY too much (high) animal flesh. You could probably take of a few pieces from the top of each side and have more than enough.

"Yall eat it like THAT?"
Fully agree..I feel like it’s some landmark/tourist type thing. Or something you do to “make a day of it” once every now and then

Huge *** sandwiches like that aren’t for me

I come in peace but what is the reason for using a brine on THAT fatty piece of steak?

For this one in particular, the dry brining is not really so much for tenderizing, but for getting deep seasoning since it's a thick cut, and also for surface drying to get a better sear.

Slow cooking in the oven also helps with the surface drying so when you finish in the cast iron, it just gets a great sear. I actually prefer this method to sous vide.

For this one in particular, the dry brining is not really so much for tenderizing, but for getting deep seasoning since it's a thick cut, and also for surface drying to get a better sear.

Slow cooking in the oven also helps with the surface drying so when you finish in the cast iron, it just gets a great sear. I actually prefer this method to sous vide.
Cool. Thanks for explaining that to me.

Since you are new, you get a pass.

But the mod of this thread solewoman solewoman runs a tight ship around here.

If you don't post WHERE you get your food from, as well as each specific item pictured, it is a week ban from the thread.

She has Meth's backing as well.

So what is everything in those MANY pictures?

Lmaooooo

1. Chicken Tagine

2. Shrimp & Grits w/ an arugula salad lurking

3. Red Pepper Pesto Chicken w/ garlic knots

4. Salmon over sushi rice w/ side of stir fried sugar snap peas and red pepper

I buy my food at the grocery store... We cool?

Back
Top Bottom