FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

tay1 tay1

I need practice on that pizza.

Way too much crust/bread for the Cast Iron. I will have to thin it out next time. Maybe reduce it to 10 oz, or prepare it in a longer pan or something. Dough at room temp is way easier to manipulate

I need a thicker sauce as well.

Took pics but they aren't on my phone.

Will try again this week.

While eating it, I was thinking of things to do next time. :lol: I was pissed but I know it was the first time I made it.
We use 22oz of dough for an 18in pizza at my job. 18 is huge too..Maybe you need to use less dough but also stretch it out more?

making dough and then pizza from scratch is harder than you’d think :lol: Def takes practice

We use 22oz of dough for an 18in pizza at my job. Maybe you need to use less dough but also stretch it out more?

making dough and then pizza from scratch is harder than you’d think :lol: Def takes practice
I bought the premade Doughs from The Trader Joes.

I also used my hand to form it. Should I have used a Rolling Pin.

B Sox B Sox

Any suggestions on your process with the Ledo style pizza you made a few months ago?

B Sox B Sox

Any suggestions on your process with the Ledo style pizza you made a few months ago?
Nah rolling pin isn’t necessary
first step is room temp dough
You have to pound it to a rough shape and then stretch that shape

I just wrote a whole step by step but this guy explains it good. You don’t need to throw it tho that’s for show/when you have experience. Just keep doing the stretching technique

Anybody ever tried biltong? Macros are looking on point but I’m not sure about how it’ll taste

Anybody ever tried biltong? Macros are looking on point but I’m not sure about how it’ll taste
It's okay. Used to grab some at my butcher once in a while, but he switched the recipe and the new stuff is too moist for my liking. It was also pretty pricey, so when I feel the urge, I just marinate a flank steak, cut it in strips and put it on low heat in the oven for 5-6 hours. Is it certified biltong? Nope. Is it good enough good enough for me? Yup.

Hit the Oaxacan taco spot today. Prob the best tacos I’ve had since Yelapa Mexico.
491613E1-B4AD-43EF-8AAC-C492F2A7B96A.jpeg

There gotta be good ones in NYC by now, though I know it wasn't that good when I left early 2000s. Matter fact did a yelp search for birria tacos, #1-4 look good as hell.

I really enjoy Sam the cooking guy's videos on youtube

Want that outdoor setup he has looks awesome

straight up, that backyard with all of that equipment is :pimp:

seems like a cool dude as well, i wana try his taco spot in SD next time i head down there

tay1 tay1

I need practice on that pizza.

Way too much crust/bread for the Cast Iron. I will have to thin it out next time. Maybe reduce it to 10 oz, or prepare it in a longer pan or something.

I need a thicker sauce as well.

Took pics but they aren't on my phone.

Will try again this week.

While eating it, I was thinking of things to do next time. :lol: I was pissed but I know it was the first time I made it.
Yeah it’s gonna take a while to get it how you like it. Maybe 3 tries. Even when I was first making it I was thinking on how to improve it. Normal when tryna perfect a new dish

If you’re set on cooking it in a cast iron, perhaps half the dough because it should puff up and expand a bit

As for the tomato sauce, some tomato paste will thicken it up quite nicely. Or you can start off the sauce using tomato paste and thin in out as a way to control how thick you want it.

Last edited:
jrp44 jrp44 what brand sausage patties?
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican Trader Joe's pre-made pizza dough, you can do way better. I've bought it once (time constraint) and it wasn't great.

Any suggestions?

I dusted it with cornMeal and salted it before adding my ingredients to it.

Explain to me what isn't good about it.

Please talk to me like I am 13 and have zero idea about this world, because I DON'T.

There gotta be good ones in NYC by now, though I know it wasn't that good when I left early 2000s. Matter fact did a yelp search for birria tacos, #1-4 look good as hell.

I been wanting to hit Birria-Landia. It's a 20+ minute drive and haven't made the time.

Told my boy who lives in Queens about it and he went and said it was fantastic.

10761094-5074-4C96-9618-CAFB0A92BBC8.jpeg

Phase 2 happened in NYC today. So for dinner we went to Hair of the Dog and thats what I got.
Double patty, american cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato. The sauce was fantastic on the burger. Idk if it was just a spicy mayo or a spicy thousand island, but it was damn good.
Washed it down with a coors light. :lol:

B Sox B Sox

Just rolled out the store dough with my hands. Didn't really do anything "special".

There are definitely some folks in here that can probably provide better knowledges.

Back
Top Bottom