FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

lawdog1 lawdog1 @tomdiginson casper90403 casper90403 so y’all would agree with me if I said the “Philly cheesesteak” overrated? It’s cool but it’s never a must like they say when you in Philly and most ppl don’t eat it on the regular in general

The best one I ever had was at 4am from Roma’s on York road in my city, came with some yambs too :lol: :evil:

I personally would not call cheesesteaks overrated. I love a good cheesesteak (or did, when I was still eating meat). However, they are one of those things that gets so much hype, that I totally get why someone might be disappointed the first they they try one. Like In-N-Out, which I also love.

As a resident NT oxtail aficionado......

Yours look dry and trash.
I'll post mines when I make it in a few weeks. I just boil it with beef stew, seasoning salt, beans for 3/4 hours, nothing complicated. Relatives in St. Louis passed it down for generations and we make neckbones the same way.

Back A Yard - Jerk Chicken and oxtail

Chicken could use more DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican char
I didn't think I would like the plantains(4 pieces) but they aren't mushy at all and little bit of sweetness. Could use more rice, good thing got an order of coco bread to absorb the sauce
IMG_20200620_125651.jpg
With this I know you gotta be from the bay.

Back a yard is great. Coconuts in downtown palo alto is good.

But the spot not known by many is down in Los Gatos. Mom pop restaurant called reggae pot. Check it out if you can also excellent.

I go there.

Gotta get a ting to wash it all down

With this I know you gotta be from the bay.

Back a yard is great. Coconuts in downtown palo alto is good.

But the spot not known by many is down in Los Gatos. Mom pop restaurant called reggae pot. Check it out if you can also excellent.

I go there.

Gotta get a ting to wash it all down

I've checked them out on yelp before but they're farther from SJ and couple bucks more. BAY is really good so there isn't a need to drive out.

So Detroit Pizza is basically sauce over the cheese, correct?

that's part of it, but more importantly it's getting those edges black and caramelized with cheese so you get super crispy and taste edges. the original style does the toppings, then cheese, then sauce method, but ive seen places mix it up on the layers. that special detroit style pan makes the magic happen

First attempt at smoking some chicken

These are garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, paprika, and salt and pepper

1EDF0170-6ED2-451B-B2AF-39037FD8C2E3.jpeg
298B3514-DCF3-4138-AE01-BBC26E6F86B2.jpeg

These are olive oil, this pepper blend that’s bell pepper/garlic powder combined, onion powder, lemon juice, and turmeric. Grilled these ones
40EC08B1-34FD-4AC8-AAFD-308ECEE4A2CF.jpeg
1D55A471-1FB9-4361-A001-AB521333535B.jpeg

I need some more recipes - all I know is variations of spicy and garlicy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom