FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I’ve always gotten Wh
Yeah I got it from a pizza place. Never had it before menu said Philly steak. :lol:

Won't go back there

Yeah, I’ve said it on here before, but I’m always a little cautious about places outside of Philly that have “Philly Cheesesteaks” on the menu. Not to say the sandwiches are always bad; just to real Philly Cheesesteaks. The most legit Cheesesteaks I’ve had outside of Philly were at a Philadelphia Bar/Grill in LA, run by Philly natives.

20200620_161243.jpg

Cabbage, Rice and Beans

20200620_160952.jpg

Poured the oxtails out on that.

20200620_161238.jpg

Grilled chicken and onions

20200620_160944.jpg

Collards

20200620_160939.jpg

Last time I was in Philly we hit up Geno’s and I was thoroughly disappointed :smh: ...Wanted to hit Max’s but it was out the way...I realized I’m not a big cheesesteak guy tho

Okay the flavors in this rice and cabbage....

How did they....

tenor-5.gif

Oxtails alone were fine.

A beef stew taste with a little more fat.

But with this rice and cabbage which I have no idea how they mad it kick.

I'm just....

BruisedPerkyGlobefish-max-1mb.gif

THIS THE ONE!

I haven't had a food experience like this in a looooooong time.

Yall will forever have a place in my heart.

If you go to Philly, skip the commercial spots for a cheesesteak. Don't even go to Jim's, it's trash. Woodrow's >

Yeah, everyone I know from Philly says both Geno’s and Pat’s are overrated tourist traps. I‘ve heard better things about Jim’s, but that was years ago, so I’ll take your word on that one too.

Sort of on the subject, I remember going to Pat’s with my little brother a few years ago. He ordered his steak and the dude in the window says, “what’s the magic word?” My brother says, “um, please?” And the dude says back, “to go,” to which my brother replied, “that’s two words.” Guy in window acted like he wanted to fight him :lol: Good times.

I had Jim's South street in Philly last year.

Liked it. But it was my first and only time having philly cheesesteak.

A great sandwich in Philly is the Roast Pork from Tony Lukes's. Their cheesesteaks aren't bad but that roast pork with provolone is on a whole different level.

lawdog1 lawdog1 tomdiginson tomdiginson casper90403 casper90403 so y’all would agree with me if I said the “Philly cheesesteak” overrated? It’s cool but it’s never a must like they say when you in Philly and most ppl don’t eat it on the regular in general

The best one I ever had was at 4am from Roma’s on York road in my city, came with some yambs too :lol: :evil:
yes, i would agree. It didn't blow my mind. Tasted about what i thought it would.

lawdog1 lawdog1 tomdiginson tomdiginson casper90403 casper90403 so y’all would agree with me if I said the “Philly cheesesteak” overrated? It’s cool but it’s never a must like they say when you in Philly and most ppl don’t eat it on the regular in general

The best one I ever had was at 4am from Roma’s on York road in my city, came with some yambs too :lol: :evil:
There isn't anything about it that's appealing. It's just some seared meat with onions and provolone on bread. I tasted one in NY and it was exactly what I expected it to taste like, so I never wasted anytime looking for it in Philly. This was over a decade ago, so I may have to give it a try again, this time from Philly.

speaking of roast pork i need to try their cheese steak and roast pork at johns roast pork... also want to hit up oh brother steaks... man i gots to visit philly sometime this summer lol.... theres a good mexican spot also thats by pats and genos

As a resident NT oxtail aficionado......

Yours look dry and trash.
Gravy was on the side but I’ll give it bout a 6.5/10, but wasn’t expecting much from food court ox tails...Really went for the jerk wings but the ones I grabbed were the last of the day

Back
Top Bottom