FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Eeeeh-spresso macchiato

20200610_123659.jpg

Has anyone been following the controversy at Bon Appetit the last few days?

Yikes.

Was actually reading about this on Eater last night since folks were talking about what sites and methods they use for food research.

Yikes indeed.

I used to listen to the podcast regularly. Dude definitely has a face for makeup. More concerned about the allegations than “brown face”. Why is that even a thing? White Latinos pass for white people every day, now if imitating/performing that’s another story.

Honestly he didn't even look to put on brownface make up in the pic (he claims he did not either) and I didn't see the big deal in his costume.

But the office behavior and culture he set is very disappointing and infuriating.

Honestly he didn't even look to put on brownface make up in the pic (he claims he did not either) and I didn't see the big deal in his costume.

But the office behavior and culture he set is very disappointing and infuriating.
This is the pic in question, right?

EZ_x3PPXYAczCMN

Went shopping at Pacific Ocean Market yesterday.... mad I am just now stopping at one after living in Colorado for a year and a half. This place is great, they have every type of Asian food you can imagine, and some Mexican stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom