FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not a fan of Turkey and it’s too much work with crab legs for that little bit of meat.

Gotta go with turkey.

unpopular opinion: i look forward to turkey the least on thanksgiving:blush:

its not trash but i could easily do without it

I don’t think that’s a wild opinion. I like the sides on Thanksgiving more than the turkey. In fact, I really only like roast turkey like than if there’s good gravys to put on it.

I figured most people didn't eat HAM like that.

I expect most people to nominate HAM
Oh ok. If anything I would suspect that would be turkey.

Outside of ppl who use it as an alt to beef and pork I don't see that as a go to in many cultures and it seems to be a holiday food.

Lobsters and Shrimp, Yes.

Crabs, No.

But you said you are allergic so this is essentially like Donald Trump banning Steph Curry from coming to the WH after Steph already said he wasn't coming. :lol:
The main reason is cuz I dont like the taste.

We are well aware of ppl being allergic to things and still eating it cuz they enjoy it.

I don't like how it tastes so it wouldn't even be a temptation. I don't smell seafood and think that smells good. I'm usually repulsed.
Hundreds of Thousands of Turkey Sandwiches are eaten per day. Unless you aren't counting that.
Not a thing in my circles so I'm not aware of it to even consider turkey sandwiches.

The main reason is cuz I dont like the taste.

We are well aware of ppl being allergic to things and still eating it cuz they enjoy it.

I don't like how it tastes so it wouldn't even be a temptation. I don't smell seafood and think that smells good. I'm usually repulsed.
CHicken/Egg.

I wonder what came first. You not liking the smell (which COULD be a defense mechanism) or you being aware of allergy.

Fried fish can go hit the bricks.
1591655028681.png

I'm not really into seafood, but I don't hate it like the boiled ham, I was raised on.

Sadness:
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
ham is trash
turkey can go too. I like it deep fried once a year
crab legs are good but more about the experience than the crab itself
bacon is good as a standalone protein, eaten on occasion and in moderation
chicken, steak, fish, and shrimp are essentials

I was telling my man in the Group Chat.

I think most of us generally eat BAD/DRY turkey during the Holidays. Being exposed to BAD turkey each year, for X number of years just makes it undesirable to most.

Smoked Turkey is vicious.

(Puts on Hat of 100 Fibs)

One of the kids at the school I "work at" invited me over one year for TG and his father made a smoked turkey. It was smokey, moist, seasoned well. It was just a good bird.

Since then I have smoked a Turkey breast each year, so I can't co-sign any Turkey Slander. (I get it but know it is due to experience).

I don’t think that’s a wild opinion. I like the sides on Thanksgiving more than the turkey. In fact, I really only like roast turkey like than if there’s good gravys to put on it.

yeah thats how i feel as well. Again i dont think its trash but of the items on that list posted its a no brainer for me that itd have to be turkey

them turkey sandwiches with leftovers the day after thanksgiving do hit tho

Ask your mother when she told you about the allergy for me please. Which age.
My mother didn't tell me or even know.

I ate fish before when I was younger, didn't like it (forget which kind). Didnt finish it. Didnt have an allergic reaction to it.

I mainly avoided all sea food cuz I didnt like the taste/smell. When I was young I simply wouldn't eat it. So my parents and grandmother basically knew better to offer it to me (only as a joke).

Around 8 or 9 I tried some crab and broke out. Confirmed it with my next checkup.

The allergy is to sea roaches and certain fish. Not all fish.

I do not care to find out which is and isn't though since I don't like it at all.

My mother didn't tell me or even know.

I ate fish before when I was younger, didn't like it (forget which kind). Didnt finish it. Didnt have an allergic reaction to it.

I mainly avoided all sea food cuz I didnt like the taste/smell. When I was young I simply wouldn't eat it. So my parents and grandmother basically knew better to offer it to me (only as a joke).

Around 8 or 9 I tried some crab and broke out. Confirmed it with my next checkup.

The allergy is to sea roaches and certain fish. Not all fish.

I do not care to find out which is and isn't though since I don't like it at all.
So if I order you some Salmon from OMaha Steaks, as a birthday gift, you wouldn't test it out to see if you were even allergic?

I don't know how you expected a consensus :lol:
:lol: Yeah what thread you been in? I love seafood, so that's off the table but the American battered fried fish is ehh. I don't eat it often but i'm not against pork, as far as ham prosciutto is delicious, and moms makes ham from scratch christmas time infused with jamaican flavors like pimento plus that glaze and **** is delicious. Not a single one of my fam likes turkey, but the ground version is my go to "healthier"(?) version for ground meats.

Also jerk turkey is a thing and delicious.

So if I order you some Salmon from OMaha Steaks, as a birthday gift, you wouldn't test it out to see if you were even allergic?
Nope.

I'd be wondering why you would insult me and not order me a steak from Omaha Steaks. I'd either throw it out, dump it on the street or if convenient give it to a relative.

A lot of times I wouldn't even eat food if it was touched by fish.

Back
Top Bottom