FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My family and I have been about 50/50 takeout and homemade since lockdown started. No problems at all. From my observation, places doing take out business are being really conscientious with safety precautions.

I think me not havingto travel for work has caused my take-out frequency to lessen.

It was probably 1.5 -2.0 per week on average. I haven't eaten take out more than 3 times since mid-March.

I am sure those that ate out each day are saving their monies.

86C63FEF-07AA-4449-986A-7602CD2456EF.jpeg

What is that sauce? Ketchup? :rofl:

:rofl: :smh: Buddy waited an hour and a half in line for this? Looks like your sandwich waited an hour and a half for you

Eating something prepared by someone who is sick.

I hear you. I just think that with most restaurants barely hanging by a thread as it is, they have every incentive to make sure they don’t get anyone sick. So, I’ve taken my chances. Also, the places we get take out from most frequently are local spots where we were regulars already, so we know the owners and/or staff pretty well already. That adds a level of trust for me - maybe naively - but it does.

I hear you. I just think that with most restaurants barely hanging by a thread as it is, they have every incentive to make sure they don’t get anyone sick. So, I’ve taken my chances. Also, the places we get take out from most frequently are local spots where we were regulars already, so we know the owners and/or staff pretty well already. That adds a level of trust for me - maybe naively - but it does.
i know what you mean. But at the end of the day, humans are disgusting. I'd probably rarely eat out if i saw what went on in kitchens. And with people who are asymptomatic, and workers possibly forcing themselves to work in order to keep their jobs secure, i just couldn't risk it.

I'm trying to get over it but I don't think i can. Just trying to minimize risks over here.

But damn i need some sushi or just a 3x3 from In N Out. Or some Blanco w/Castelvetrano Olives pizza from Gjelina!!

Probably why i have been able to lose close to 10 pounds without doing any exercise during these times.

Are there folks that order carryout every single day?
Ive delivered to the same people, from the same place, the same order on consecutive days.

Oh,this mfer again.

I dont even use GPS, its like i live there now.

And thats just by chance im in that area,so its safe to assume theyre ordering out multiple days and multiple meals per day.

B Sox B Sox

Bread looks like it would scratch the HELL out of your mouth

without watching (won't play for me), is that Bay Cities in Santa Monica? Looks like the Godmother in the pics. If so, ITS THE BEST SANDWICH I've ever had.

Bread is phenomenal. Its what starts the sandwich off and make it great. Anyone in the Santa Monica area much get the Godmothers w/works. Been going here for damn near 40 years

Technically speaking that's a risk every time you order food.

Highly unlikely the person preparing your food has corona virus if you've been keeping up with the regulations and rules restaurants are abiding by since the shut down.
now this is true. But getting sick and getting covid are 2 different things. I also rarely eat out around flu season. It kind of goes with how I am in general.

Absolutely over cautious, i aint gonna argue that.

The whole keeping up with regulations is horse **** to me. Restaurants have been keeping up with regulations "all the time" and people still get sick. They all say the right things. At the end of the day, food needs to be pushed out and being 100% clean is almost impossible.

I'm getting close though. Not sure how much longer I can hold out and not eat take out.

now this is true. But getting sick and getting covid are 2 different things. I also rarely eat out around flu season. It kind of goes with how I am in general.

Absolutely over cautious, i aint gonna argue that.

The whole keeping up with regulations is horse **** to me. Restaurants have been keeping up with regulations "all the time" and people still get sick.
No they don't and the precautions for covid are completely different than any other regular cleanliness rules they usually abide by.

I mean seriously with all the news and coverage have you heard of a restaurant's cook having it and then basically infecting all of its customers?

I mean if you just no simple facts about covid and you're ordering any food that has to actually be cooked I don't see how you'd make the assumption.

But if you're just naturallynover cautious then logic doesn't apply.

Back
Top Bottom