FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

No they don't and the precautions for covid are completely different than any other regular cleanliness rules they usually abide by.

I mean seriously with all the news and coverage have you heard of a restaurant's cook having it and then basically infecting all of its customers?

I mean if you just no simple facts about covid and you're ordering any food that has to actually be cooked I don't see how you'd make the assumption.

But if you're just naturallynover cautious then logic doesn't apply.
but this is assuming everyone is taking pre-cautions. Not a chance. The majority of people aren't even taking Covid seriously. I wouldn't expect any different from restaurant workers. Do you think you've never picked up the regular flu from food handled by a sick person in your life?

I've seen the articles about food being safe. But logically, for me, how could you not get infected if a sick chef/worker coughs on your food/touches his mouth and then your food?

To me, logically, food should be one of the easiest ways to transfer the disease. I would need to see more concrete evidence to feel better, and to be honest, i still probably wouldn't change my thinking. I feel too strongly about it and i think i'll remain stubborn. Just trying to minimize risks here, whether its right or wrong.

without watching (won't play for me), is that Bay Cities in Santa Monica? Looks like the Godmother in the pics. If so, ITS THE BEST SANDWICH I've ever had.

Bread is phenomenal. Its what starts the sandwich off and make it great. Anyone in the Santa Monica area much get the Godmothers w/works. Been going here for damn near 40 years
I’ve never tried it, but the godmother looks like a pretty standard Italian deli sandwich

what makes it stand out from all the others in your opinion

but this is assuming everyone is taking pre-cautions. Not a chance.
Given I've seen restaurants get shut down due to not following it you are right

But I never did say all of them were. I just know the ones that don't get shut down.

To me, logically, food should be one of the easiest ways to transfer the disease.
This is totally based on nothing :lol:

Unless you're assuming your food gets coughed on right before its packaged.

I’ve never tried it, but the godmother looks like a pretty standard Italian deli sandwich

what makes it stand out from all the others in your opinion
Not sure. It’s just good. Bread for one. It just hits. Combine in with Maui Onion chips and let all the juices fall on top of the chips, it’s just good eating

Given I've seen restaurants get shut down due to not following it you are right

But I never did say all of them were. I just know the ones that don't get shut down.

This is totally based on nothing :lol:

Unless you're assuming your food gets coughed on right before its packaged.
Food gets handled by hands, right? You’re telling me no chance in transferring germs through hands? Dirty hands are a bigger concern than coughing in my opinion.

I think you’re underestimating and I am overestimating the ability of germs being passed on in the entire food process. Chef could be 100% healthy but someone on the crew may not but chef touches something someone on the crew touched and there you go.
No need to try and convince me I’m wrong and I won’t try to convince you. Again, I take risk assessments with everything I do in these times. Anything I can do to swing things in my favor is something I will consider doing for me and my fam.

Yea, if you don't feel safe with eating out, you don't feel safe with eating out. That is one less risk you have to worry about. Why is it a debate?

Food gets handled by hands, right? You’re telling me no chance in transferring germs through hands?
You do know we're talking about cooked food right?

You do know the virus can not survive the temperature it takes to cook meat properly?

You should probably look up this stuff and not assume. They've been doing coronavirus coverage on the news 24/7 since Feb. No need to make assumptions.

That's why I said logic will be put aside if you're gonna have an irrational paranoid fear about this.
Yea, if you don't feel safe with eating out, you don't feel safe with eating out. That is one less risk you have to worry about. Why is it a debate?
Only a debate when you're fear is based off of ignorance.

If you say you don't feel safe leave it at that. Don't add anything more especially if you're not informed.

You do know we're talking about cooked food right?

You do know the virus can not survive the temperature it takes to cook meat properly?

You should probably look up this stuff and not assume. They've been doing coronavirus coverage on the news 24/7 since Feb. No need to make assumptions.

That's why I said logic will be put aside if you're gonna have an irrational paranoid fear about this.

Only a debate when you're fear is based off of ignorance.

If you say you don't feel safe leave it at that. Don't add anything more especially if you're not informed.
Word

20200525_175600.jpg

More Memorial Day food

My man from my hometown doing his thing in Atlanta. $30 seafood trays. Free delivery.

If you’re in Atlanta, check him out:

F4F33BFB-2E07-45E2-9581-459A28034249.jpeg
6ADA168F-8C31-4AAE-8850-C783DAC0ADD4.jpeg
6809DDE1-AA2E-4C1A-9D7E-70CDEE65070D.jpeg

So this was breakfast, lunch, and dinner for you?

Back
Top Bottom