FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

TGIF
1AD1E544-52C1-4676-9080-C4C6D06F0CDF.jpeg
so what we lookin at???

Any tips on cooking steak? I don’t want it to come out hard like leather.
Got some thawing in the fridge and thinking steak, mashed potatoes and veggies for dinner.

I personally never put steak in the freezer. I only buy when needed and the right amount.

But how are you prepping it?

I personally never put steak in the freezer. I only buy when needed and the right amount.

I can’t do freezer steak anymore. Its awful man. Chewing on beef jerky status for sure.

I mean I guess you could make a stew or a steak quesadilla or something. But never again eating a frozen steak on its own

Last edited:

I had to bulk buy because supermarkets in ny are constantly running out of food so it had to go in the freezer. It’s thawed out well now.

I’m just adding some Tony’s creole seasoning, black and red crushed peppers and some Worcestershire sauce.

I’m not sure and what the best way to cook it will be.

Marinaded some sockeye in some homemade ginger jerk seasoning and then air fried. Sauteed spinach in garlic and olive oil along with some oven-roasted marbled potatoes and a vegan slaw with cracked black pepper(not too much cause I still want to have kids). Drink is home made sorrel.
MVIMG_20200501_215208.jpg

Last edited:
I had to bulk buy because supermarkets in ny are constantly running out of food so it had to go in the freezer. It’s thawed out well now.

I’m just adding some Tony’s creole seasoning, black and red crushed peppers and some Worcestershire sauce.

Rinse the marinade off then finish with salt and pepper. I’ve been on an avocado oil kick lately

Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

and/or

Montreal Steak

Is all you need

The more liquid there, the less likely you get a sear.

Marinaded some sockeye in some homemade ginger jerk seasoning and then air fried. Sauteed spinach in garlic and olive oil along with some oven-roasted marbled potatoes and a vegan slaw with cracked black pepper(not too much cause I still want to have kids). Drink is home made sorrel.
MVIMG_20200501_215208.jpg
Please share your Jerk sauce/recipe

Rinse the marinade off then finish with salt and pepper. I’ve been on an avocado oil kick lately
You know I never understood rinsing the marinade off. Doesn’t that also rinse off a lot of the seasoning too?
Probably a rookie Question but I never cook steak. It’s all they had left at the supermarket.
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

and/or

Montreal Steak

Is all you need

The more liquid there, the less likely you get a sear.

Please share your Jerk sauce/recipe

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/zippy-sirloin-steak/

Actually ended up going with this recipe. Hope I don’t mess it up. It’s marinating now for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom