FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Please share your Jerk sauce/recipe
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican Why the laughing.

As for the recipe, its basically a standard jerk sauce. This was made in Jamaica and aged a bit, so it's spicier than the normal. I blended up some ginger (usually keep fresh ginger around, plus I purchased a lot with intentions of making sorrel). I blended up the ginger and spooned it in with the jerk season/sauce and added a little honey to it as well. I also grated some fresh ginger in. Let the sockeye filets sit in for about 15-20 minutes and then tossed them in the air fryer.

Quarantine potato bod continues. #CarbBoys
2A4B4BDF-AD38-4D7B-B694-9144A8A0D964.jpeg

Just don't marinade unless you are using it for a stew or other type of dish other than just cooking it.

UNless you are dealing with a small/thin piece of steak
If you do marinade don't rinse, pat dry, maybe add some more dry seasoning.
Yep thin pieces. Will pat dry and and add the crushed peppers and salt at the end. Will post pics when I serve for tonight’s dinner.

I add herbs to my marinades sometimes, don’t like the texture so I rinse and pat dry before cooking. Also messss with the sear like a few others said.

Personally if I’m grilling a steak

usually ribsteak or ny strip

I generously sprinkle some kosher salt and Crack some pepper on both side

and let it sit on the counter for about 1 hr so it‘s not cold when it hits the pan

I will then warm a cast iron skillet on medium so the pan is evenly hot

I’ll then get a sheet or 2 of paper towel and pat the steak dry

put avocado oil and turn the heat to high

Just as the oil begins to smoke i put the steak in for about 2 mins side timed for steak 1-1.5

while it’s searing i cut about a tablespoon of butter and smash a cloves of garlic

if I’m feeling fancy I’ll probably grab a bit of thyme from the supermarket before hand and wash a sprig and set aside to dry too

after I flipped it on the other side for 2 min i will turn off the heat throw in the butter thyme and garlic and tip the handle and baste the butter onto the steak, flip and baste the other side as well

take out the steak and let it rest for about 5-10 min with the garlic and time on top

cut 1” slices across the grain and serve

i usually do fries or asparagus in the air fryer and maybe some salad lightly tossed in vinegarette or Caesar dressing

A5 Wagyu
F3E5BA66-D9E0-47DD-8805-D25F8886412C.jpeg

Last edited:
The first time I saw corn in cornbread was at Kenny Rodger's Roasters Spot. Chicken was good.

They do it at Founding Farmers too.

I find it to be some gentrified nonsense. No point.

I had corn in cornbread once before. Can’t remember where but it was some of the best cornbread I ever had . It was sweet tho so I don’t know how y’all feel about that

I had corn in cornbread once before. Can’t remember where but it was some of the best cornbread I ever had . It was sweet tho so I don’t know how y’all feel about that
Yea but was the cornbread sweet/good BECAUSE of the corn or was it just GREAT cornbread with corn in IT.

Back
Top Bottom