FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Clam Chowder is interesting because there are 3 different types to my knowledge- New England (cream), Manhattan (tomato), Rhode Island (clear). Do they each deserve different classifications?

Clam Chowder is interesting because there are 3 different types to my knowledge- New England (cream), Manhattan (tomato), Rhode Island (clear). Do they each deserve different classifications?
rhode island
would be more of a stew
1382375916393.jpeg

A chowder is more of a soup. A stew doesn’t have the same amount of liquid that a soup does. That’s the biggest difference

When I hear CC, by default I am referring to NE. So that is what I was speaking on. (Only)

That is the only type I have eaten

A chowder is more of a soup. A stew doesn’t have the same amount of liquid that a soup does. That’s the biggest difference
WRONG
a stew's liquid content can vary
based on the ingredients
and the preference of the person eating/cooking

WRONG
a stew's liquid content can vary
based on the ingredients
and the preference of the person eating/cooking
The meat to liquid ratio is always higher in a stew in comparison to a soup. The term “stewing” describes cooking meat in a small amount of liquid.

The meat to liquid ratio is always higher in a stew in comparison to a soup. The term “stewing” describes cooking meat in a small amount of liquid.
ive had soups with little liquid content
and ones with high liquid content
my previous point still stands

ive had soups with little liquid content
and ones with high liquid content
my previous point still stands
It doesn’t. What you described is how the server portioned it for you. You can look up the difference all you want. It’s there, I didn’t make it up

Back
Top Bottom