FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Yeah, speaking of ground beef, when did it become so expensive? Haven't bought it in over a year, switched to ground turkey. It's almost double the price of turkey

yall really only eat balut with salt?

i make this certain sauce for it.
fresh squeezed Lime(s) (lime juice from a bottle aint the same)
Black Pepper
Salt

never had it with rice though. maybe bc im Cambodian

#BalutBoyZ

Ground turkey > ground beef for pasta IMO. Your friend didn’t season it right. Gotta over compensate for not having the flavor of the beef fat, if that makes sense. But growing up we didn’t eat pork or a lot of red meat so I might be used to the turkey.
You're just used it. If we do it, we mostly do Turkey, but it's not beating that ground beef/pork combo.

Called the Asian grocery and they said they had baluts.
Told the lady to save me 4.
Got there she said someone paid double for the other 2 smh

20190429_124210.jpg
Certainly not knocking your food, but never heard what baluts are.
Balut is a developing bird embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It originated from and is commonly sold as street food in the Philippines. Often served with beer, balut is popular in Southeast Asian countries, such as Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. The Tagalog and Malay word balot means "wrapped"

Yup that is all you homeboy, you do not have to worry about me getting the last one.

Certainly not knocking your food, but never heard what baluts are.
Balut is a developing bird embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It originated from and is commonly sold as street food in the Philippines. Often served with beer, balut is popular in Southeast Asian countries, such as Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. The Tagalog and Malay word balot means "wrapped"

Yup that is all you homeboy, you do not have to worry about me getting the last one.

I laughed when I saw ppl eating it on fear factor back when joe Rogan was the host. Gimme some sauce and I’ll eat like half a dozen of em lmao

I made the classic mistake of convincing myself that I'm not a huge salmon fan after only having other people cook it for me. Decided to revisit it tonight by doing a no-flip version in the cast iron with a miso/hot honey glaze.

This is fire. Just reminds me of a more moist/tender/flavorful version of chicken breast. Definitely gonna be doing more fish recipes moving forward.

My favorite way to eat salmon is blackened. Blackened catfish is :nthat: too.

I don’t like seafood but for some reason I wish I liked salmon :lol: idk why

Just smells and tastes so bad to me :sick::sick:

I should try some other fish like snapper or something maybe I’d like them, just assuming I won’t

I should try some other fish like snapper or something maybe I’d like them, just assuming I won’t
Salmon is the entry point for some non-seafood eaters.

I know a few folks that don't like "fish" but will eat Salmon because it isn't "Too fishy."

Try miso glazed Black Cod (Hawaiian Butterfish)...almost lobster-esque.
*avoid Escolar...instant runs

Back
Top Bottom