FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

2,600 pounds of sausage products recalled; may contain metal

A New Hampshire food company is recalling over 2,600 pounds of ready-to-eat sausage products that could contain metal.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the recall Saturday for North Country Smokehouse, of Claremont.

It says the ready-to-eat kielbasa sausage items were produced Feb. 7 and 8.

The recall includes: 1-pound vacuum-packed packages of "old-fashioned Polish-style kielbasa" with a use-by date of May 9; 12-ounce vacuum-packed packages containing "natural old-fashioned Polish-style kielbasa" with a use-by date of April 23; and 1-pbound vacuum-packed packages containing "Kilchurn Estate Smoked Kielbasa" with a use-by date of May 9.

The products subject to recall bear the code "EST. 5390A" inside the USDA mark of inspection.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-600-pounds-sausage-products-143616397.html

My man haha
Dessert was Sultana Bran.
Turned into a old man
IMG_20190314_221027_560.jpg

I love Raisin Bran for some reason :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Anybody been to Hometown BBQ and/or Red Hook Lobster Pound in Red Hook?

Probably going to be eating a meal in the area next week and both spots look pretty good.

Probably going to be eating a meal in the area next week and both spots look pretty good.

Hometown is delicious. I've never actually had the Lobster Pound. Don't bother with Brooklyn Crab next door to Hometown. Can be a long wait and it's not worth it IMO.

What else ya have lined up? Here for Mania right?

I spent the early parts of my life in Texas and go back to visit regularly, and I can confidently say that Hometown is the best BBQ I’ve ever had.

The line can get long, but you can drink while you wait so that helps pass the time. My friends were all *****ing and moaning about how long the line was before the meal, but every one of them walked away saying the wait was well worth it and that it was the best meal they had all year.

Definitely try the lamb belly, sausage, and pastrami bacon.

Hometown is delicious. I've never actually had the Lobster Pound. Don't bother with Brooklyn Crab next door to Hometown. Can be a long wait and it's not worth it IMO.

What else ya have lined up? Here for Mania right?
Yeah. The SuperStore is over there at the Pier.

We are probably going to get to ****r Heights sometime around 2ish on Friday. Will likely go over to the store and try to grab an early meal at Hometown. Then will head over to Barclays. Will probably want to hit a couple bars after that.

Going to be in Manhattan, probably LES area on Saturday afternoon. Not sure what we are doing at night. Probably will try to watch the Final Four games somewhere good.

Hoboken on Sunday before Mania.

Yeah. The SuperStore is over there at the Pier.

We are probably going to get to ****r Heights sometime around 2ish on Friday. Will likely go over to the store and try to grab an early meal at Hometown. Then will head over to Barclays. Will probably want to hit a couple bars after that.

Going to be in Manhattan, probably LES area on Saturday afternoon. Not sure what we are doing at night. Probably will try to watch the Final Four games somewhere good.

Hoboken on Sunday before Mania.

What's in ****r, your sleeping arrangements? I live near the Barclays so I can def. suggest bars/food for you to hit up.

I need to convince my friends that we hit up Raw the next night if prices are in our favor.

What's in ****r, your sleeping arrangements? I live near the Barclays so I can def. suggest bars/food for you to hit up.

I need to convince my friends that we hit up Raw the next night if prices are in our favor.
Yup. My boy's cousin just bought a house there and is letting us crash.

Let me know what's good with some spots by Barclays.

@soychulo which location did you get it from? The original or the second spot?

When I was in Nashville last year, we pulled up to the OG and the wait was down the block. Wound up hearing about a second location not far from there, got in a cab, and waited about 15 minutes on line.

Was sooo good :pimp:

Yup. My boy's cousin just bought a house there and is letting us crash.

Let me know what's good with some spots by Barclays.

That's clutch.

Bars/Food (all walking distance)
McMahon's Public House - one block over from arena on 5th. Always is the go-to bar whenever WWE is in town
Shake Shack - across the st from arena
Shorty's - bar/chain cheesesteak spot. Never been yet tho
Sweet Chick - chicken & waffles. Be prepared to wait though if you aren't there when they open :rolleyes
Bleacher's - sports bar, never been either
Morgan's BBQ - really the only true bbq spot in the area
Patsy's - pizza/Italian. Multiple locations in the City too
Hollow Nickel - dive bar but from what I remember dirt cheap drinks

That's clutch.

Bars/Food (all walking distance)
McMahon's Public House - one block over from arena on 5th. Always is the go-to bar whenever WWE is in town
Shake Shack - across the st from arena
Shorty's - bar/chain cheesesteak spot. Never been yet tho
Sweet Chick - chicken & waffles. Be prepared to wait though if you aren't there when they open :rolleyes
Bleacher's - sports bar, never been either
Morgan's BBQ - really the only true bbq spot in the area
Patsy's - pizza/Italian. Multiple locations in the City too
Hollow Nickel - dive bar but from what I remember dirt cheap drinks
Appreciate this my dude :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom