FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

If he liked the scrambled eggs on bis burger , what is the issue .

Imagine a world where we have ALWAYS stuck to "food rules", where the hell would we be in 2019

Same goes for well done steak for me. I eat mine medium but I've had good we'll done steaks. One of the best steaks I've had recently was well done at Mastros

If he liked the scrambled eggs on bis burger , what is the issue .

Imagine a world where we have ALWAYS stuck to "food rules", where the hell would we be in 2019
If someone likes their sausage without grill marks, what’s the issue?

Anywho...at Best Pizza right now:
539DFA5E-1683-4AF8-98AD-076050C92A57.jpeg

Anybody been to Hometown BBQ and/or Red Hook Lobster Pound in Red Hook?

Probably going to be eating a meal in the area next week and both spots look pretty good.
Red Hook lobster pound is dope. Can’t go wrong with either the Connecticut or Maine lobster roll.

Red Hook lobster pound is dope. Can’t go wrong with either the Connecticut or Maine lobster roll.
Good to know. Probably going to hit the bbq spot though if it’s as good as folks are saying. I can get great lobster rolls here in Baltimore and any time I host fam in NE.

i agree this is why i dont understand when people look at me funny when i want a hot dog with ketchup... maybe i dont like mustard nahmean

@soychulo which location did you get it from? The original or the second spot?

When I was in Nashville last year, we pulled up to the OG and the wait was down the block. Wound up hearing about a second location not far from there, got in a cab, and waited about 15 minutes on line.

Was sooo good :pimp:

That's clutch.

Bars/Food (all walking distance)
McMahon's Public House - one block over from arena on 5th. Always is the go-to bar whenever WWE is in town
Shake Shack - across the st from arena
Shorty's - bar/chain cheesesteak spot. Never been yet tho
Sweet Chick - chicken & waffles. Be prepared to wait though if you aren't there when they open :rolleyes
Bleacher's - sports bar, never been either
Morgan's BBQ - really the only true bbq spot in the area
Patsy's - pizza/Italian. Multiple locations in the City too
Hollow Nickel - dive bar but from what I remember dirt cheap drinks
Same thing. Went to the first location on Sat night and line was stupid long. Drove to the second location and waited about a half hour.

Should have hit Princes for the real thing Hattie B’s is the McDonald’s of hot chicken in Nashville, fries are the only thing decent
When we were on our way I asked my friends who are Nashville natives which one should we hit. They said they preferred Hattie B's over Princes and they didn't feel it was that close. Of course that's just opinion. May give Princes a shot next round and make my own decision.

When we were on our way I asked my friends who are Nashville natives which one should we hit. They said they preferred Hattie B's over Princes and they didn't feel it was that close. Of course that's just opinion. May give Princes a shot next round and make my own decision.

Every Uber driver I had had a different opinion. But more often I recall them saying "Hit up Hattie's over Princes"

Every Uber driver I had had a different opinion. But more often I recall them saying "Hit up Hattie's over Princes"
To each his own but after living in Nashville for 4 years I feel pretty strongly that Hattie’s is trash compared to Princes and I feel that any local would tell you the same.

Hope you enjoyed your time in the city, moved to Dallas 8 months ago and I miss Nashville everyday.

Has anyone pickled veggies before? Going to do some onions and peppers tonight - if anyone has a recipe they'd recommend, holla

Has anyone pickled veggies before? Going to do some onions and peppers tonight - if anyone has a recipe they'd recommend, holla
I always have a jar of pickled red onions in the fridge. It’s really easy, just takes time before they’re ready.

1:1 ratio of salt/sugar, 1:1 ratio of vinegar/water. Stir together to dissolve, bring to a boil and immediately cut the heat once it reaches that point. Immediately pour over said vegetable/(s) and allow to cool to room temp before you transfer the contents into a sterilized mason jar. They’re usually ready to eat in 6-8 hours.

You can add other ingredients (peppercorns, coriander seeds, garlic, red pepper flakes, fresh herbs, etc.), but that’s up to you.

Thanks, will look into spice blends and herbs to add that'll go with what im making (tacos). Would like to switch it up from the usual chimichurri. How essential is the canning jar for pickling?

Back
Top Bottom