FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

They're actually quite healthy

"Balut eggs are an inexpensive and easily obtained source of protein throughout Southeast Asia. They're packed with vitamin C and beta carotene, both of which are powerful antioxidants that help clean free radicals from your bloodstream and support your immune system. In addition, they contain niacin, riboflavin and thiamine, which help you metabolize energy. At 188 calories each, with only 14 grams of protein and loads of calcium, iron and phosphorus, balut eggs are a healthy addition to an adventurous diet."

Made alot of Filipino food last weeks

20190326_090141.jpg

20190319_144456.jpg

20190325_152816.jpg

20190325_152702.jpg

The 3rd pic is shrimp sinegang with Chinese broccoli. It's a sour soup flavored with tamarind.

The 1st pic is pancit. Filipino noodles.

The second pic is nilaga with beef neck bones.
A stew.

Last pic is paksiw na patta.
It has hamhocks, fried plantains, and banana blossoms. On the side is something called tuyo.
It's a dried salted fish that you use like a condiment.
#cultural I think

Last edited:
^ my pops makes nilaga all the time... he knows its one of my favorite dishes lol.. i prefer the cabbage instead of bok choy...i got pancit for lunch today actually got it from the filipino restaurant by me...

An avocado in itself is almost
Like a garnish
Seasoning a garnish doesn’t seem right imo
I say all this without any malicious intent

An avocado in itself is almost
Like a garnish
Seasoning a garnish doesn’t seem right imo
I say all this without any malicious intent

I come in peace( but i packs the cal on me just in case)

Is a asparagus considered a garnish?
Cause i seen it paired with chicken, fish etc and it seems they use it as a garnish and season it from the pics and recipes ive seen.
I dont eat asparagus/nor know how to properly cook it.

Enlighten me?

Last edited:
I come in peace( but i packs the cal on me just in case)

Is a asparagus considered a garnish?
Cause i seen it paired with chicken, fish etc and it seems they use it as a garnish and season it from the pics and recipes ive seen.
I dont eat asparagus/nor known how properly cook it.

Enlighten me?
It can be

its very rarely if ever used as a garnish, its usually the main thing in a dish its used in

Back
Top Bottom