FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Shaka's in Alhambra

Been there, pretty good. But i prefer Carmela Ice Cream in Pasadena, Sea Salt Caramel is pretty amazing.

Speaking of ice cream, i'm thinkin bout making my own ice cream bars this weekend lol.
My man :smokin
This weather has been making me crave cold desserts in general

moneylicious moneylicious if you go to Alhambra again, go try Fossilman's Ice Cream if you haven't

[@=/u/38714/MoNeyLiCiouS]@MoNeyLiCiouS[/@] if you go to Alhambra again, go try Fossilman's Ice Cream if you haven't

Been there, pretty good. But i prefer Carmela Ice Cream in Pasadena, Sea Salt Caramel is pretty amazing.

Speaking of ice cream, i'm thinkin bout making my own ice cream bars this weekend lol.
i love that spot called ice cream lab
the blue velvet ice cream is :pimp:

Mexican Paletas made from scratch... GODLY. You non-Mexicans should try them. Thank me later...

Edit: multi-quote FAIL :lol:

Last edited:
 i love that spot called ice cream lab
the blue velvet ice cream is
pimp.gif
Next time im out there ill def try it out. Those flavors look  
nthat.gif

Mexican Paletas made from scratch... GODLY. You non-Mexicans should try them. Thank me later...

Edit: multi-quote FAIL
laugh.gif
How does a non-mexican like myself start this illustrious journey?  
laugh.gif

Recipe? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Stopped by this local spot called The Wandering Goose after a few friends suggested it. Probably the best biscuits
I've had so far... The fried chicken was good and the mac and cheese was great.

biscuit sandwich with fried chicken, bread & butter pickles & honey.

fried chicken plate with pimento mac and cheese, roasted potatoes & a toasted biscuit.

Mayo on a dog doesn't sound bad. On those food shows they put mayo and a bunch of other stuff in some Latin american countries.

I smh when I hear people say it's a rule not to put ketchup on a hotdog. Dumbest thing i've ever heard.

Banh cuon. Rice sheet stuffed with ground pork and mushrooms with more pork on top

Home made chicken curry with purple and regular potatoes

Everett & Jones brisket. Got some nice juicy slices with fat on it today
im ashamed to say this.......................
i have never been to Everett and jones
u went to the one on broadway????

Last edited:
Mayo on a dog doesn't sound bad. On those food shows they put mayo and a bunch of other stuff in some Latin american countries.

I smh when I hear people say it's a rule not to put ketchup on a hotdog. Dumbest thing i've ever heard.
I live by that rule 
embarassed.gif

can't even remember the last time I put ketchup on a hotdog. A few summers ago, I made hot dogs at a summer camp for kids; no ketchup was provided for them, gotta start them young 
laugh.gif

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare this was at the Berkeley location. Probably my favorite location cuz they have the real pit there and I know the workers. The Jack London location tastes more like a chain restaurant style bbq cuz they have such a higher volume of customers.

I don't mess with ketchup on anything.

I love mayo on burgers, but haven't tried it on a hotdog.

Dipping crispy fries in mayo :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom