FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Boiling crab and onther similar restaurants are cool, but I'd rather boil my crawfish/shrimp/etc in plain water. :pimp:

So much can be saved if you got a particular diet in mind. Im in college for nursing right now. my weekly go to is

Mon- Grilled chicken ( lil teriyaki sauce for the truth)
Brown rice / quinoa special
then lil garden salad shaken not tossed....pause

Tues-Repeat

Wed- Repeat

Thurs- Tuna (olive oil mack maine drizzle)
Low carb pasta, with some sort of sauce not to heavy tho cant catch the itis during class
Then another salad

I spend like 20 a week on food
save a ton of money my list may be weaker than others tho

Dog. I wish I had that discipline (for monetary and diet resons).

I spend $20+ on almost every meal :smh:

Went to a local pub today

Also day before I got some Half&Half

Cheers. Repped. Them sliders looked :nthat: too...

Dos Equis Amber Lager by chiva1908, on Flickr
That looks like a mighty fine drink :smokin

Yo, had Sinbala last night. ON POINT.

Wasn't sure if they had stinky tofu .. They had fried tofu on the menu but wasn't sure if it was stinky. I'll have to try it next time.

The sausages were awesome :pimp:. Wish they were grilled but it's all good. Beef noodle soup was good too, a little spicy, but good. Green onion pancake was crispy and thick. Fried pork chop :pimp:.

This might be the spot man. So far tho :smh:
Damn Imma check it out one day

Fat Sals out in Westwood

Bambu desserts Rowland heights, ca

If we doing a NT Food meet that would be pretty legit.

Last edited:
What exactly is bubble tea? Or boba? Looks like you guys have been posting a lot of it....whatever it is, it hasn't hit, or probably won't hit, the east coast outside of NYC. But when I travel around this summer I will wanna know what it is and try it out

I tried bubble tea for the first time a few months ago. Wasn't bad. I think I was the only Asian I know who didn't have it before.

Bubble Tea/Boba tea is an asian drink, bubble/boba refers to the black tapioca balls that are added to the drink. It's slightly sweet, chewy just to add a little texture to a drink to make it more dessert like. It's nice some times, but I still prefer my Milk tea without it

Macarons are different than Macaroons, but moreso in technique. They're both made of a Meringue base, but Macarons have powdered sugar and ground almonds folded in and are a pain to get down right, this takes more technique because it's supposed to be delicate with a crisp outer and a slightly chewy inside. Macaroons have coconut folded in and are less complicated as their meringue is just piped out and the density doesn't really matter and is not known for their delicate taste.

1. Yea what is Bubble Tea

2. What are Macaroons. The macaroons yall post with the crazy colors can't be the same as regular macaroons. The coconut treat. Right?

3. @MarkAnthony - I always see this spot when I am around the zoo. Like Boiling Crabs. - http://www.yelp.com/biz/hot-n-juicy-crawfish-washington

Yeah I gotta check that out. One thing about those spots is plan to be nowhere else afterwards but the shower, you gon be smelling like seafood.

Bubble Tea/Boba tea is an asian drink, bubble/boba refers to the black tapioca balls that are added to the drink. It's slightly sweet, chewy just to add a little texture to a drink to make it more dessert like. It's nice some times, but I still prefer my Milk tea without it

Macarons are different than Macaroons, but moreso in technique. They're both made of a Meringue base, but Macarons have powdered sugar and ground almonds folded in and are a pain to get down right, this takes more technique because it's supposed to be delicate with a crisp outer and a slightly chewy inside. Macaroons have coconut folded in and are less complicated as their meringue is just piped out and the density doesn't really matter and is not known for their delicate taste.
parisian macarons>>>>

derrtay derrtay he pretty such sum up everything I was going to say....

They look like these uncooked

After cooking them about 10 minutes they turn black.

But I end up cooking them for another 10 minutes to make syre its cooked. Forgot to take a pic

ended up using it for my Thai tea. I like my Thai tea strong. The ones they sell in stores isn't strong enough

Back
Top Bottom