FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

WOW so many good eats in here... Told myself I wouldn't do anything for Cinco De Mayo yesterday, but ended up making Nachos for dinner (lol) with my girl. More pics on my blog below (Shameless plug :nerd:)

13932220840_6ce2b32e19_o.jpg

Went to Chipotle for the first time yesterday. got a chicken burrito and it was alright. it doesnt live up to the hype, and it doesnt taste as good as it looks, but it was still pretty good. the burrito is very big, its not as greasy as your typical Mexican restaurant (los pericos), which was the reason i went here in the first place, but the burrito tasted a little plain, until i got to the middle of it, where the guacamole was. they need to sperad the guacamole all throughout the burrito. still a very good burrito though

thing about chipolte is you always go with the burrito bowl its twice as big 5 x as amazing, also throw the tortillas on the side and its a wrap..no pun intended they throw them in for no additional charge usually.

But as far as taste goes its the best mainstream mexican food.

With that being said TACO BUS IN TAMPA is the truth and will be getting conquered later this evening SALSA VERDE ON EVVVERYTHING

when i go to chipotle i get a burrito
but what i do first is i have them melt my cheese like a quesodilia first
then add all my topping and then extra cheese

NT Food brethren, what are you guys taking for lunch every day assuming you work in an office? I would like to see how much money I can save by avoiding eating out or in the cafeteria.

So much can be saved if you got a particular diet in mind. Im in college for nursing right now. my weekly go to is

Mon- Grilled chicken ( lil teriyaki sauce for the truth)
Brown rice / quinoa special
then lil garden salad shaken not tossed....pause

Tues-Repeat

Wed- Repeat

Thurs- Tuna (olive oil mack maine drizzle)
Low carb pasta, with some sort of sauce not to heavy tho cant catch the itis during class
Then another salad

I spend like 20 a week on food
save a ton of money my list may be weaker than others tho

Last edited:
Afters Fountain Valley, CA
Mint Cookie Monster/Milk&Cereal Ice cream w/ Glazed Bun
Churro/Cookie Monster Ice Cream w/ Glazed Bun
It's good but honestly I wouldn't wait for more than 30 mins for this place. People have said the wait can get to be over an hour.

Sushi One Spot Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Best AYCE sushi place in the IE.
If you've been to Sushi Asahi the owner sold those locations and now opened this one and its waaaay better.

Slap Fish Huntington Beach, CA
Clam Chowder fries = mind blown

Fish Taco

Lobster Roll definitely the best thing there. A little pricey but you actually get a lot of lobster. Price is $22.

found some more food pictures i had on my phone

afters ice cream. cookie monster (cookie dough and cookies in cream - i think) in a nonglazed bun + jasmine tea ice cream

the sandwich spot, palm springs. bear necessities sandwich

donutman, glendora. tiger tails and strawberry donuts.

Donut Man is something serious haha I have no idea what it is.

Tiger tail and the Strawberry donut :smokin :smokin :smokin

It's probably 10 mins from the pad and I always somehow make an excuse to stop by its all bad. :smh: :lol:

Rep'd

Man this clan chowder fries look lethal.

Haven't been taking many pics later; storage on my phone is messed up.

I'll get it figured out soon

The thing is I've had the original DTF in Taipei :lol:

DTF here is good, not amazing, but good.

Are you in LA? There's a restaurant called ROC here on the westside, better than DTF (LA) in my opinion.

Could you guys recommend your favorite Chinese/Taiwanese restaurants? Always willing to try.

Also looking for Somalian restaurants. :nerd:
Ah I see. Yeah I live in the LA area, moreso SGV area.
Old Country Cafe in Alhambra is pretty good, and Huge Tree Pastry at Monterrey Park.
Rowland Heights got some good eats too, like Class 302 or Easy Earthen. Try using Yelp, but you probably have :lol:
Oh and lead me the way to the best stinky tofu, that ish is flames

Fam, I've been trying to find some stinky tofu for the longest ******* time. Haven't found any good ones yet. FEEEEEEENIN fo that. Need that fried crispy goodness.

I'll add some of the places you posted.

I actually had Huge Tree Pastry a couple weeks ago. Their oyster pancake was so ******* disappointing :frown: . You tiao, soybean milk, and scallion pancake were good tho. I like their buns too. They sell them frozen too, think it's $10 for 13 of them.

I have Old Country bookmarked, will go soon.

I think a real popular one is SinBala, have you ever been there?

And you Taiwanese?

Part 2 from my trip back home to Manila.

Went back to Jollibee for a midnight snack. 2-piece chicken, rice, buttered corn and carrots.

Went to the Greek restaurant we frequent (Cyma) and ordered Kalamarakia (Crsipy Baby Squid) for starters.

Cyma Baby Back Ribs with Spanakorizo (Spinach and Rice).

Johnny Chow to get some Chinese.

Assorted Roasted Meat with Century Eggs and Jelly Fish.

Republic of Kung Pao Shrimp & Scallops.

Yang Chow Rice with BBQ Pork.

Xiao Long Bao (Not the best among the ones I tried).

Then last dinner before I went back to Australia for work. Cru Steakhouse.

Sauteed Duck Liver

Ordered US Certified Angus Beef Prime Rib Steak for 2. It comes with these side dishes:

Organic Sweet Corn On Cob

Steak Fries

Whipped Potato

Truffled Mac & Cheese (So good!!!)

The steak:

Finished product:

Fam, I've been trying to find some stinky tofu for the longest ******* time. Haven't found any good ones yet. FEEEEEEENIN fo that. Need that fried crispy goodness.

I'll add some of the places you posted.

I actually had Huge Tree Pastry a couple weeks ago. Their oyster pancake was so ******* disappointing :frown: . You tiao, soybean milk, and scallion pancake were good tho. I like their buns too. They sell them frozen too, think it's $10 for 13 of them.

I have Old Country bookmarked, will go soon.

I think a real popular one is SinBala, have you ever been there?

And you Taiwanese?
Nah Chinese/Viet
But I love all food in general
Heard Sinbala is good, haven't tried yet

I love the 626 I lived in Monterey Park for 3 years and ate out every single day. For 3 years I didn't have a homecooked meal. That's why I love home cooked meals.

For you Bronson fans, his first episode.

I like Fresh Off The Boat better...

Last edited:
I love the 626 I lived in Monterey Park for 3 years and ate out every single day. For 3 years I didn't have a homecooked meal. That's why I love home cooked meals.

nerd.gif
goddamn bruh u ballin or wut
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Id probably do the same if it wasn't bad for my health lol

Of course I'm ballin haven't worried about money since the 80's :lol: but the 2 reasons I ate out everyday was I was working in films and tv shows. They had this thing called craft services and it's like catering. The other reason is food really cheap in SoCal. Too much competition.

Back
Top Bottom