FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Siracha is like
Tejuino :pimp:

Had a vendor outside my school at 3pm, lil' oaxaqueño was clutch in summer time...

Also mexican food is expensive over there... A original mexican food truck in Cali and you will be making bank...

:smokin :smokin

But not for everyone :rofl:

Went to Chipotle for the first time yesterday. got a chicken burrito and it was alright. it doesnt live up to the hype, and it doesnt taste as good as it looks, but it was still pretty good. the burrito is very big, its not as greasy as your typical Mexican restaurant (los pericos), which was the reason i went here in the first place, but the burrito tasted a little plain, until i got to the middle of it, where the guacamole was. they need to sperad the guacamole all throughout the burrito. still a very good burrito though

Went to Chipotle for the first time yesterday. got a chicken burrito and it was alright. it doesnt live up to the hype, and it doesnt taste as good as it looks, but it was still pretty good. the burrito is very big, its not as greasy as your typical Mexican restaurant (los pericos), which was the reason i went here in the first place, but the burrito tasted a little plain, until i got to the middle of it, where the guacamole was. they need to sperad the guacamole all throughout the burrito. still a very good burrito though

Was it mix n match?

My current favorite place is Texas Roadhouse.

Large portions. Quality food. Relatively cheap. Great atmosphere. Awesome service.

The thing is I've had the original DTF in Taipei :lol:

DTF here is good, not amazing, but good.

Are you in LA? There's a restaurant called ROC here on the westside, better than DTF (LA) in my opinion.

Could you guys recommend your favorite Chinese/Taiwanese restaurants? Always willing to try.

Also looking for Somalian restaurants. :nerd:

Last edited:
The thing is I've had the original DTF in Taipei :lol:

Are you in LA? There's a restaurant called ROC here on the westside, better than DTF (LA) in my opinion.

Could you guys recommend your favorite Chinese/Taiwanese restaurants? Always willing to try.

Also looking for Somalian restaurants. :nerd:
Ah I see. Yeah I live in the LA area, moreso SGV area.
Old Country Cafe in Alhambra is pretty good, and Huge Tree Pastry at Monterrey Park.
Rowland Heights got some good eats too, like Class 302 or Easy Earthen. Try using Yelp, but you probably have :lol:
Oh and lead me the way to the best stinky tofu, that ish is flames

The thing is I've had the original DTF in Taipei
laugh.gif

Also looking for Somalian restaurants.
nerd.gif
Ah I see. Yeah I live in the LA area, moreso SGV area.
Old Country Cafe in Alhambra is pretty good, and Huge Tree Pastry at Monterrey Park.
Rowland Heights got some good eats too, like Class 302 or Easy Earthen. Try using Yelp, but you probably have
laugh.gif

Oh and lead me the way to the best stinky tofu, that ish is flames
Had no clue some of you guys are so close lol

My current favorite place is Texas Roadhouse.

Large portions. Quality food. Relatively cheap. Great atmosphere. Awesome service.
as a guy who loves steak
their steaks are trash
only decent thing there is the cinnamon bread

Last edited:
Sushi from Safeway, yes Safeway of all places lol. They have a chef that makes them on the spot so it's not packaged from a manufacturer. Only one in my area that has them. I've seen a Walmart sell sushi too.

That sushi looks pretty good. I was surprised to see a Duane Reade's in nyc had people making sushi in it. Was tempted to buy some.

Sushi from Safeway, yes Safeway of all places lol. They have a chef that makes them on the spot so it's not packaged from a manufacturer. Only one in my area that has them. I've seen a Walmart sell sushi too.
which safeway u went to???? :nerd:
some safeways are hit and miss
i only mess with their "rainbow" rolls

NT Food brethren, what are you guys taking for lunch every day assuming you work in an office? I would like to see how much money I can save by avoiding eating out or in the cafeteria.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom