FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Speaking of risotto, best I've ever had is lobster risotto from The Venetian in NJ. Popular wedding spot but the food is bomb.

Home made pizza. I need a camera. These iPhone pics look horrible.

yo i aint eem know about sriracha and the coke cans. 

but Im all for it on everything else. 

Yall know anything about dem HONEY WALNUT PRAWNS DOE? 
pimp.gif

just checked it out, it's in miami beach, not miami like I thought

:x :x :x @ the price of the fried chicken/watermelon/waffles

Problem with Miami Beach?

And that chicken and waffle plate is pretty much meant to be shared by 2 people. So factor that into the price.

Been away from the thread for a few...some of the Avis you guys/girls have are misleading :rofl:

:lol:

I came in here thinking this was going to be a cooking thread

All I have seen is fast food, takeout, struggle meals and poorly presented dishes.

But I misunderstood the title.

+1 for Chic-Fil-A though :pimp:

just checked it out, it's in miami beach, not miami like I thought

:x :x :x @ the price of the fried chicken/watermelon/waffles

Problem with Miami Beach?

And that chicken and waffle plate is pretty much meant to be shared by 2 people. So factor that into the price.
not really, but I don't live around there and I barely head over that way. I thought the restaurant was going to be located in the art district for some reason

I came in here thinking this was going to be a cooking thread

All I have seen is fast food, takeout, struggle meals and poorly presented dishes.

But I misunderstood the title.

+1 for Chic-Fil-A though :pimp:
man if you don't shut the **** up

Had to grab a quick lunch so I went to Subway. Meatball with sweet onion teriyaki sauce, pepper Jack cheese, jalapenos, onions, & olives.

Its been called the greatest hot sauce of all time by a whole bunch of people so just goin by that its overrated. I still love it though, but I used to only use it for eating Pho

I wasnt even aware of its god status until I hit college and I saw people literally putting it on EVERYTHING. Even putting a dab on the the Coke cans before taking a sip...

I have started using it for chow mein/chow fun though, its my preferred sauce for that now. Gives it the perfect kick without overpowering the flavor of the noodles like I feel other asian sauce, like chilli garlic, does.

I hate subway. Taste is ok, but they are skimpy as hell on their toppings.

I want extra onions, I don't want a few pieces only. EXTRA. Hell, one day I just wanna go inside, order one with extra onions and if I don't get that...Just walk out.

I need to go back to Bruxie, not a fan of Boiling Point, and havent been back to NBC in years. :lol:

I tried Bruxie last time I was in socal and was severely disappointed. I had the braised shortribs which was one of the specials they had that day and it was terrible. It was super dry for it being braised, they gave some sauce on the side and even that didn't help. waffles sucked too. :x

ive never seen that version of sui mai before. whats that red thing?

That looks like regular siu mai. The things on top are just garnish and doesnt add much. Its usually some type of crab roe, but from the picture...maybe red dates?

Last edited:
I tried Bruxie last time I was in socal and was severely disappointed. I had the braised shortribs which was one of the specials they had that day and it was terrible. It was super dry for it being braised, they gave some sauce on the side and even that didn't help. waffles sucked too.
sick.gif
That's really a shame. I don't know if it's cause I'm a regular or not, but the short rib one is always on point. But I do stick to going to the original 2 Bruxies so Idk if that makes a difference. They are popping up everywhere in the OC

Back
Top Bottom