FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
IIRC, these aren’t based on the OG Foambs but the ones in the old ad specifically,
755C0069-D6A7-49C9-816F-F73CBCC0026A-399-0000002BC70D5E02.jpeg

The groves do go up higher than OG.

Not to the extent they do on this release. That sample pair also has a different outsole, especially the toe cap. Yes, this retro adopts the blue carbon weave and blue outline around the toe swoosh, but that’s it.

IIRC, these aren’t based on the OG Foambs but the ones in the old ad specifically,

People will complain all day long that the ‘24s aren’t like the OGs, ‘07s, and ‘17s, but what if that was never Nike’s goal for this specific release?

People will complain all day long that the ‘24s aren’t like the OGs, ‘07s, and ‘17s, but what if that was never Nike’s goal for this specific release?

Well that's definitely true. Maybe I should just buy them and not sweat it :lol:

Depends on context. If it's meant to be a re-imagined of sorts, no problem but it would be fair to advertise it as such.

What most in here probably think and feel is that is unlike previous iterations because like most Nike retros they are implementing a incrementally improved strategy so that every 5 years or so they can release the shoe 4-5 times over the next 20 years. Each time they will get "closer" to the OG's while newer buyers will care less about them actually being close to the OG's.

I'm rambling but it's interesting to see what nike's next step is. I think they're close to squeezing just about everything they can out of retros. People are tired of overpriced B-grade retro's that would have been fakes 20 years ago. Plus there's affordable more quality options. Let's see

I hate that they call them "international blue" instead of something like "dark neon." It kind of threw me off a bit.

Can someone point out the differences in foams though? Is there a pic I can look at? I'm struggling! lol

I hate that they call them "international blue" instead of something like "dark neon." It kind of threw me off a bit.

Can someone point out the differences in foams though? Is there a pic I can look at? I'm struggling! lol
Nike did that with this years Military Blue 4's as well by calling them "Industrial Blue". Not sure why they decided to change the names up.

Unlike the 2015-2017 Foams release, this mold runs kind of big to me. My 2009-2012 Foams are a size 10.5, the 2015-2017 run, a size 11/11.5. I was hesitating between a size 10 and 10.5 for this release. I chose a size size 10 since I wanted a tighter fit.
20240913_205133.jpg

20240913_205158.jpg

As shown of the pictures above, I can attest that the 2017 has a "lighter" shade of blue compared to the 2024 retro and a higher cut.

I'll let the OGs decide which version is closer to the 1997 OG run. I was way too young back then and I doubt Foams were even available in Montreal back then.

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking. That’s a significant difference.
Well, I did say that I wanted a snug fit so I went with a size 10 but a 10.5 was also good. That being said, indeed, I might have misspoken, I would not recommand a 1.5 size drop in most cases.

There were like 5-6 sites that I seen that had 11.5 and up available and those are the sizes gone first. For a shoe like this to still have stock online, that’s def not what Nike wanted. Bet there will be a lot of restocks too from returns. Already a few in here regret buying 😂.
Only thing I think Nike wants is to regain control of this sector of the market back from resellers. I think we over estimate how important a same day sell out is for Nike. They have insane margins even on a model like this. I think unless it's a major collaboration or a special release it matters way more to us than to them if it sells out immediately.

I doubt these stick around long enough to play the deep discount game. Maybe a few will get lucky and maybe catch them at 30% or 40% off in certain sizes. But with the seasons changing and these basically being boots I think these will be gone by November in most if not all sizes.
1000009530.gif

This is what I keep thinking when I see people pass based on comparisons to previous retros. I'm sure Nike's design team hates us 😂. The whole roll out was about it homaging this advertisement and we are totally disregarding that and comparing them to everything BUT the ad 😂.

It reminds me of the military Blue 4 retro this year with everyone comparing them to previous retros instead of the OG (which 99% of modern sneaker heads have never seen or touched or worn) which is what Nike was aiming for. I'd definitely be annoyed by us😂😂😂

Unlike the 2015-2017 Foams release, this mold runs kind of big to me. My 2009-2012 Foams are a size 10.5, the 2015-2017 run, a size 11/11.5. I was hesitating between a size 10 and 10.5 for this release. I chose a size size 10 since I wanted a tighter fit.
20240913_205133.jpg

20240913_205158.jpg

As shown of the pictures above, I can attest that the 2017 has a "lighter" shade of blue compared to the 2024 retro and a higher cut.

I'll let the OGs decide which version is closer to the 1997 OG run. I was way too young back then and I doubt Foams were even available in Montreal back then.
Have you grown/weight fluctuations, etc. had any injuries to your ankles/feet? Not saying Nike hasn't changed the sizing but over a 10-15 year span these things can make a difference🤷🏿‍♂️

This is what I keep thinking when I see people pass based on comparisons to previous retros. I'm sure Nike's design team hates us 😂. The whole roll out was about it homaging this advertisement and we are totally disregarding that and comparing them to everything BUT the ad 😂.

It reminds me of the military Blue 4 retro this year with everyone comparing them to previous retros instead of the OG (which 99% of modern sneaker heads have never seen or touched or worn) which is what Nike was aiming for. I'd definitely be annoyed by us😂😂😂
‘89 Military 4s were the only 4s I had. Old man was a stickler for buying stuff on base because of the no tax. Pissed me off as 7th/8th grader. But now I do the same **** lol.

Paid for the OGs with a check, hoping my scholarship money would hit my account back then. Dope to see they get retroed (regardless of shape, color, etc…), but to be there when they first dropped, was mad different. Old dawgs catch a lot of flack for being in the game this long, but there’s a difference of seeing things day one and knowing nothing but retros.

‘89 Military 4s were the only 4s I had. Old man was a stickler for buying stuff on base because of the no tax. Pissed me off as 7th/8th grader. But now I do the same **** lol.

Paid for the OGs with a check, hoping my scholarship money would hit my account back then. Dope to see they get retroed (regardless of shape, color, etc…), but to be there when they first dropped, was mad different. Old dawgs catch a lot of flack for being in the game this long, but there’s a difference of seeing things day one and knowing nothing but retros.
We need the day ones. Definitely not as obsessed with sneakers as I was when I was younger but I don't see myself ever abandoning sneakers.

We need the day ones. Definitely not as obsessed with sneakers as I was when I was younger but I don't see myself ever abandoning sneakers.
When I hear some of these kids trying to tell me something about a sneaker and it sounds like they’ve been rehearsing for a presidential debate, I keep it movin. If you didn’t know Memphis State/Orlando Penny, then we ain’t talkin about **** .

Well...despite me really not having the money to buy these right now, I went ahead and Klarna'd them anyway. I usually make better financial decisions, but I been waiting on these for so many years.

Back
Top Bottom