FINALLY, Air Jordan 12 Playoffs Return - Rumored Date - 3/11/2022 - First images

rcjbbp1313 rcjbbp1313

“The weird thing was that they were amazing because they were his shoes. If those were the Tony Kukoc model they would have tanked.”

What do you think if they made these 12’s, and the 12’s team jordans? 😂

Would they still be considered as hot or would we all be scrambling to cop these upon release ? 🧐

51F3CAC3-DC7E-4B00-9E38-FA21022990BE.jpeg

Would they still be considered as hot or would we all be scrambling to cop these upon release ? 🧐

The power of MJ back then. He could have worn timberlands on court and Tim’s would be the rage. He had all of us eating out of the palm of his hands. Nobody before or since has commanded that

rcjbbp1313 rcjbbp1313

“The weird thing was that they were amazing because they were his shoes. If those were the Tony Kukoc model they would have tanked.”

1) these not bad at all, would use for bball exclusively
2) in ‘The Last Dance’, MJ said something along the lines of “the shoes can be as nice as they want, if I averaged 2 points a game my shoes wouldn’t sell”…MJ wearing them definitely adds hype to it, that pair could’ve very well been the XII, and we’d be tryna cop these

1) these not bad at all, would use for bball exclusively
2) in ‘The Last Dance’, MJ said something along the lines of “the shoes can be as nice as they want, if I averaged 2 points a game my shoes wouldn’t sell”…MJ wearing them definitely adds hype to it, that pair could’ve very well been the XII, and we’d be tryna cop these
I could definitely see that happening. Especially if they came out before the playoff 12’s.

With the exception of the Air Jordan 9 and 14, all models shared an evolutionary aesthetic within their respective groupings.

Tinker transferred the lines and shape of the 12 to the 13, the sneaker that kicked it off for me. All it took was a single glance at the Flints to know what dope was, whereas it took this thread, in attempting to rank five sneakers I was more or less indifferent to, to walk away with a deep appreciation for a 12 (Black-Varsity Red), 25 years later.

Given my own views on the model, the underwhelming first impressions of the followup to an instant classic aren't at all surprising. (The Air Jordan 7 was received similarly for its stripped-down design.)
Can you elaborate more on the evolution from the 12 to the 13?

I've always felt like I could see it but couldn't really point anything out except for the shape.

I've always felt like I could see it but couldn't really point anything out except for the shape.

The 12 is based off of a women’s dress shoe while the 13 is based off of a panther. I’m not sure how the two correlate with each other.

Last edited:

The never-before-seen asymmetric paneling on the lateral and medial sides of the Air Jordan 12 carried over to the Air Jordan 13. 12s possess a dressiness to them despite how sporty they are, and the same is even truer for 13s. Nowhere is that more apparent than the top view of each. Purely speculative, but said asymmetry was Tinker's approach to reestablishing the sophistication epitomized by the 11 short of the implication that the 12 was just 'the sneaker that followed the 11,' which would explain the radical departure.

Another link between the two models would be complementary sets of colorways, not seen since the Air Jordan 3 & 4.

The never-before-seen asymmetric paneling on the lateral and medial sides of the Air Jordan 12 carried over to the Air Jordan 13. 12s possess a dressiness to them despite how sporty they are, and the same is even truer for 13s. Nowhere is that more apparent than the top view of each. Purely speculative, but said asymmetry was Tinker's approach to reestablishing the sophistication epitomized by the 11 short of the implication that the 12 was just 'the sneaker that followed the 11,' which would explain the radical departure.

Another link between the two models would be complementary sets of colorways, not seen since the Air Jordan 3 & 4.
Thank you 🔥

rcjbbp1313 rcjbbp1313

Even though I have the 2012 Retros still DS and had the retros before that one and plan on scooping the 2022 retro, I'd scoop those up in that exact cw with NO HESI! That's the GOAT of the Team Jordan line in my book!

On a side note, I think its great resemblance to the Jumpman Pro / XII is why I absolutely LOVE the Curry 9 silhouette, ESP in this cw.
IMG_20211208_194633.jpg

Even though I have the 2012 Retros still DS and had the retros before that one and plan on scooping the 2022 retro, I'd scoop those up in that exact cw with NO HESI! That's the GOAT of the Team Jordan line in my book!

On a side note, I think its great resemblance to the Jumpman Pro / XII is why I absolutely LOVE the Curry 9 silhouette, ESP in this cw.
IMG_20211208_194633.jpg
I think those are the goat jumpmans as well (second being the one that looks like a 13) and you can definitely see the 12 influences in that shoe and they dont look bad. Would scoop if I needed a hooping shoe

I had no idea that 12.5s existed.. never seen or heard of them somehow, and i’m someone that takes pride in knowing all of the peculiar sig line shoes :lol:

I love shoes like the 18.5, 19 SE, 20 5/8, 21 PEs etc etc…
There were actually a few colorways of the 12.5, there even was a 16.5.

Although my favorite .5, would be the melo line

Back
Top Bottom