FINALLY, Air Jordan 12 Playoffs Return - Rumored Date - 3/11/2022 - First images

For me, its

1) Cherrys
2)Playoffs
3)Taxis
4)Breds
5)Obsidians

Ive always been more partial to white based colorways and the Red against the White on the Cherrys gives a amazing contrast. I had 2 pairs of the OGs but they felt like Timberland Boots on foot. The 04 Playoffs were super comfortable

19DE5FFF-D153-417C-A44C-692736997557.jpeg

I get it. Those will always be my favorite 12 though. Not knowing your opinion at all here, but are Concords at the top of your XI list? I see a lot of dislike from several towards the Taxi due to its bland white and black scheme.

I actually feel like its a subpar follow up to the Concord. Concords are Godlike and then Taxi's are the next White/Black colorway and it's def not on the same level. When you think of XII's, the Flu Game comes up (for me mostly).

They have never jumped out at me the way any of the other colorways did.

I actually feel like its a subpar follow up to the Concord. Concords are Godlike and then Taxi's are the next White/Black colorway and it's def not on the same level. When you think of XII's, the Flu Game comes up (for me mostly).

They have never jumped out at me the way any of the other colorways did.

I always felt the same, i thought the 11s were one of the most amazing Jordans I had ever seen and when the 12s came out, I hated them and thought they were a huge step down from the 11

So unrelated to this thread but this weekend I came across a stash of my families old MJ and Reggie Miller memorabilia from the mid 90s-early 2000s.. Was getting a table and chairs out of an old closet and found them just tucked away in there..

Have a life size MJ cardboard cutout and a bunch of posters if anybody is interested in seeing them. Not sure what thread to put it in tho, but some pretty classic stuff in there..

Was more excited about finding those than I was about any presents! :lol:

🖐 I wanna play:

1. Playoffs
2. Flu Games
3. Taxi’s
4. Cherries
5. Obsidians

If I remember correctly, the first 12’s were the Taxi’s? Holy **** was it a dull shoe as a follow up to the 11’s 😂. Still dope overall and in retrospect imo tho.

Yep that was the first colorway of the 12s to come out, I want to say they dropped in November or December of 1996. I remember seeing them on display in Champs and thought how ugly they were. They definitely didnt fly as fast as the 11s did.

With the exception of the Air Jordan 9 and 14, all models shared an evolutionary aesthetic within their respective groupings.

Tinker transferred the lines and shape of the 12 to the 13, the sneaker that kicked it off for me. All it took was a single glance at the Flints to know what dope was, whereas it took this thread, in attempting to rank five sneakers I was more or less indifferent to, to walk away with a deep appreciation for a 12 (Black-Varsity Red), 25 years later.

Given my own views on the model, the underwhelming first impressions of the followup to an instant classic aren't at all surprising. (The Air Jordan 7 was received similarly for its stripped-down design.)

Ive always been more partial to white based colorways and the Red against the White on the Cherrys gives a amazing contrast. I had 2 pairs of the OGs but they felt like Timberland Boots on foot. The 04 Playoffs were super comfortable
I'm the opposite

I'll get white based colorways and look at them one day, and decide I can't do this much white and sell them. I got the royalties and like them, but I'm still wondering if I'll ever wear them. I'll see other people with Flints or French Blues and think they look cool, but I know I wouldn't have worn them. As far as cherry's, my man is a Kappa and he used to always wear them and I thought he was doing too much and I never looked at them seriously. I look at them as doing too much and being matchy matchy.

I had OG Playoffs twice(first pair were stolen) and it's the only 12 I liked long term.

One thing is that I've always thought of 12's as strictly as a sweats/joggers type sneaker.

🖐 I wanna play:

1. Playoffs
2. Flu Games
3. Taxi’s
4. Cherries
5. Obsidians

If I remember correctly, the first 12’s were the Taxi’s? Holy **** was it a dull shoe as a follow up to the 11’s 😂. Still dope overall and in retrospect imo tho.
The weird thing was that they were amazing because they were his shoes. If those were the Tony Kukoc model they would have tanked.

Back
Top Bottom