FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

I want to congratulate the USA on a great win. They showed more heart, passion, and clearly wanted to win more than us. Yall played wonderful defense, everyopportunity we had was either poorly executed by us or blocked on hustle plays by yall. Good luck and I hope they show the same intensity in the final.

Del Bosque gets
indifferent.gif
for taking out Cesc, not playing Silva, nottaking out Riera, and putting in Mata...
Sergio Ramos gets
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
for the piss poor effort giving up that second goal.
Just horrible effort and execution on Espana's part. David Villa is looking like a younger Fernando Torres with all those wasted opportunities.
Im so frustrated with the team I cant even explain it....

Now we have to look foward to the qualifying matches to get ready for next summer. Eventhough we didnt bring our A game today I still think we are the bestteam in the world (or atleast top 2 with Brazil) I think that by next summer we wil be ready and refreshed to make a WC chip run with a full squad (we reallymiss Iniesta and Senna).

Once again, Congratulations USA. You deserved to win.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

I want to congratulate the USA on a great win. They showed more heart, passion, and clearly wanted to win more than us. Yall played wonderful defense, every opportunity we had was either poorly executed by us or blocked on hustle plays by yall. Good luck and I hope they show the same intensity in the final.

Del Bosque gets
indifferent.gif
for taking out Cesc, not playing Silva, not taking out Riera, and putting in Mata...
Sergio Ramos gets
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
for the piss poor effort giving up that second goal.
Just horrible effort and execution on Espana's part. David Villa is looking like a younger Fernando Torres with all those wasted opportunities.
Im so frustrated with the team I cant even explain it....

Now we have to look foward to the qualifying matches to get ready for next summer. Eventhough we didnt bring our A game today I still think we are the best team in the world (or atleast top 2 with Brazil) I think that by next summer we wil be ready and refreshed to make a WC chip run with a full squad (we really miss Iniesta and Senna).

Once again, Congratulations USA. You deserved to win.

Well stated.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Fuser86 wrote:

It is a great joy to have the U.S. advance to the finals. This is a great feeling. Easily comparable to a Lakers championship win.
OKAY!
You know soccer is a pretty big sport. US doing anything worldwide>anything the lakers could do in the NBA

I wouldn't say this about this particular tournament though. For example, i live in Denmark, where soccer is easily the #1 sport and they don't evencover it here, I had to catch it on Swedish TV.

I find it more impressive that U.S. was able to break Spain's 35 game non-losing streak than they could reach the finals of the Confederations Cup.

All i have to say is that US finished their chances. I told my brother's that US was going to win and they said EXACTLY what all of you here said (mostof you.) SPAIN THIS... TORRES AND VILLA... BLAH... whatever.

Spain does have a great team. But tonight, NOT great enough.

Since there are so many great soccer analysts on this board, i'll keep in short. USA was clearly outplayed and under fire MOST of the game. They made 2horrible, out of characted defensive errors and US took advantage.

GREAT win for the team, for the country, and for soccer in general in the United states. I was looking for news info DURING the game on my phone (espn .com) and the headline on my phone was something like "US HOLDS 1-0 LEAD OVER WORLD'S NO.1." Everyone is starting to notice soccer and I loveit.

Does this make US better than Spain, of course not. Does it validate their place in the FIFA rankings? maybe, maybe not! BUT, I do know one thing....It's matches like this that makes soccer SOCCER SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GAME.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

El Nino and co. brought down to earth...
laugh.gif
they must've thought itwas gonna be a walk in the park for them...
great job,USA...had only 2 shots on target throughout the match but they made em count...

Originally Posted by Fuser86

It is a great joy to have the U.S. advance to the finals. This is a great feeling. Easily comparable to a Lakers championship win.
OKAY!
You know soccer is a pretty big sport. US doing anything worldwide>anything the lakers could do in the NBA

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dunno

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

glad to see the usa won. didn't think they would. going to be honest/realistic though when i say it was prob luck. not hating

luck? did you see how stellar our defense played? and not just through the air but also on the ground.

who was saying that Gooch was going to get worked?

MOTHA #!%* THE HATERS..

ill will surely post my thoughts in a bit after I calm down a bit and after i get back from my uncles job wearing my U.S. jersey, diddy boppin through the warehouse while also stuntin on all the mexicans.
dude i stated i wasn't hating but being realistic.
goood..great,....fantastic win for usa. all i was saying was that it was a lucky win...as in if usa played that team 10 times they wqould prob lose 7 or 8times. im not a hater. i love my country. just being level headed. you prob dont watch much football/sopccer if you believe otherwise.

no offense but you hardcore usa supporters get emo way to easy. take a chill pill. this is a discussion board afterall. people will give their oppinions.

OKAY!
I do know soccer is a big sport. Ive been following soccer since 96 (AC Milan)
But you can't compare a NBA Championship to a game in the Confederations Cup.........it doesn't make sense.
Who the hell is gonna remember US winning this game if they don't beat Brazil/South Africa ??

Originally Posted by DC1323

All i have to say is that US finished their chances. I told my brother's that US was going to win and they said EXACTLY what all of you here said (most of you.) SPAIN THIS... TORRES AND VILLA... BLAH... whatever.

Spain does have a great team. But tonight, NOT great enough.

Since there are so many great soccer analysts on this board, i'll keep in short. USA was clearly outplayed and under fire MOST of the game. They made 2 horrible, out of characted defensive errors and US took advantage.

GREAT win for the team, for the country, and for soccer in general in the United states. I was looking for news info DURING the game on my phone (espn . com) and the headline on my phone was something like "US HOLDS 1-0 LEAD OVER WORLD'S NO.1." Everyone is starting to notice soccer and I love it.

Does this make US better than Spain, of course not. Does it validate their place in the FIFA rankings? maybe, maybe not! BUT, I do know one thing.... It's matches like this that makes soccer SOCCER SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GAME.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
agree with everything but the us ranked at 14 in the fifa rankings seems pretty reasonable to me

OKAY!

im not going to diminsh the win but when the us does something in the world cup then general population will give a %++$ about soccer here.

glad to see the usa won. didn't think they would. going to be honest/realistic though when i say it was prob luck. not hating

luck? did you see how stellar our defense played? and not just through the air but also on the ground.

MOTHA #!%* THE HATERS..

ill will surely post my thoughts in a bit after I calm down a bit and after i get back from my uncles job wearing my U.S. jersey, diddy boppin through the warehouse while also stuntin on all the mexicans.
he might be a hater,but you sound like you support your team only when they're winning...

goood..great,....fantastic win for usa. all i was saying was that it was a lucky win...as in if usa played that team 10 times they wqould prob lose 7 or 8 times. im not a hater. i love my country. just being level headed. you prob dont watch much football/sopccer if you believe otherwise.

no offense but you hardcore usa supporters get emo way to easy. take a chill pill. this is a discussion board afterall. people will give their oppinions.
Don't bother man. 1v100 tonight?

OKAY!
I do know soccer is a big sport. Ive been following soccer since 96 (AC Milan)
But you can't compare a NBA Championship to a game in the Confederations Cup.........it doesn't make sense.
Who the hell is gonna remember US winning this game if they don't beat Brazil/South Africa ??

Buddy...it's a win over the Euro Cup Champions...over the team that had a 35 game unbeaten streak....it's going to be remembered for a long time and toUSA fans, forever.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

MOTHA #!%* THE HATERS..

he might be a hater,but you sound like you support your team only when they're winning...
Are you kidding me? That dude is one of the biggest US fans on this board. Always in threads repping the USNT. Let these people have theirshine. Dudes always trying to come in a chop other dudes down. I am huge US fan and want them to do well so to beat one of the best teams in the world 2-0 isspecial. "Lucky" or not.

MOTHA #!%* THE HATERS..

goood..great,....fantastic win for usa. all i was saying was that it was a lucky win...as in if usa played that team 10 times they wqould prob lose 7 or 8 times. im not a hater. i love my country. just being level headed. you prob dont watch much football/sopccer if you believe otherwise.

Let us enjoy our win and come back tomorrow with this realistic talk. Not cool

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

OKAY!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dunno

I agree My Lakers can whoop on any team in the NBA but the US has been belittled in the world of soccer. this game means alot.

MOTHA #!%* THE HATERS..

as i said before, a lucky win is getting by on a bogus pk or an own goal or something..when you play solidly on defense for 90 minutes and takeyour chances on offense you deserve to win..they took their chances, Spain did not...theres nothing more to it...luck had nothing to do with today'sgame...yeah Spain is probably going to win 8 out of 10 times but they were not the better team today

i dont understand why some people on this board think their opinion holds more weight when it concerns soccer/football...just because you're Americandoesn't mean you inherently don't know anything about soccer...i guarantee i watch just as much la liga, pl, serie a, bundesliga, wcqualifers/friendlies as anyone else...hell i've been watching the Euro U-21's all week...but in no way do I think my opinion means more than someonewho only watches occasionally

Back
Top Bottom