FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the Italians.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by JaFlash

If US loses then they get last place, LOL.

What a shame.
I dont understand all this talk about "the US can still qualify" and the quote above me. EVEN IF the US beats Egypt, the US is likely to finish in last place. They're a -5 GD, Egypt is 0, Italy is +1. The US would have to beat Egypt by 3-goals to finish in 3rd place and that isn't happening. The US would need to beat Egypt by 4 or 5 goals and have Brazil spank Italy for the US to finish 2nd...that isn't happening.

I've read that the US may do some experimenting with their squad in this match and give some inexperienced players some exposure. Lets be realistic here, the US is only playing for pride. ESPN is just feeding viewers the "US can still qualify" BS in order to get some decent ratings.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Don't get me wrong, I was right there with you before the game. But still
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sNc magic

What a shame.
I dont understand all this talk about "the US can still qualify" and the quote above me. EVEN IF the US beats Egypt, the US is likely to finish in last place. They're a -5 GD, Egypt is 0, Italy is +1. The US would have to beat Egypt by 3-goals to finish in 3rd place and that isn't happening. The US would need to beat Egypt by 4 or 5 goals and have Brazil spank Italy for the US to finish 2nd...that isn't happening.

I've read that the US may do some experimenting with their squad in this match and give some inexperienced players some exposure. Lets be realistic here, the US is only playing for pride. ESPN is just feeding viewers the "US can still qualify" BS in order to get some decent ratings.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sNc magic

What a shame.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

as much as we've ripped Bradley, he sure pulled the strings today

i thought Dempsey was coming off when Feilhaber came in, but putting Benny out wide and Dempsey up top was golden

U.S. finally showed up!! About damn time...when it counted. As hard as it is to believe the U.S. has a shot vs Spain.

We'll see what happens on Wednesday.

USA! USA! USA!

Back
Top Bottom