FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Originally Posted by GTownBaller23

Originally Posted by rothypejc

^doesn't play enough defense for bob's liking, he'll probably make a transfer or loan move to another Euro club next season, maybe to Spain

heres his twitter if you're interested http://m.twitter.com/freddyadu11

he answers questions from fans sometimes

Thanks.
heres jozys: http://twitter.com/JozyAltidore17http://twitter.com/JozyAltidore17

and what he had to say:
JozyAltidore17That one was for the fans we owe it you guys!!!!!!

you already know
pimp.gif

damn, I still cant believe we advanced. I dont care what the haters say, Dempsey is still my dude.

everyone was hating on us, and now people have come out of the woodwork's..

KRISPACINLA : are you still going to the mexico game?

Marion, I was waiting for you all day??? where you been??? Give me your feelings on the game.

Not sure on the Mexico game, since I wont be able to get tickets from my aunt. I might still go. Fly out of Tijuana into Toluca, then shuttle to a spot by theAzteca. You going???

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Marion, I was waiting for you all day??? where you been??? Give me your feelings on the game.

Not sure on the Mexico game, since I wont be able to get tickets from my aunt. I might still go. Fly out of Tijuana into Toluca, then shuttle to a spot by the Azteca. You going???

I had a game today for third place, at the same damn time as the U.S. game..I just finished watching it on the dvr, ill give you my thought first thing in themorning, I have to calm down a bit im super hyped right now. My whole team is full of mexicans and they were going hard on me today talking crap about my team,cant wait for tomorrows practice imma shut them all up. First thing tomorrow morning ill post my thoughts on the game.

DEMPSEY IS STILL THAT DUDE.

and if I can get tickets i will more than likely hitch a ride from one of my uncles who live in D.F..the only thing i need is the tickets and im set.

adu-kljestan-score.jpg

Great win today.
I love the pressure, the defense, and Donovan's attacking.

I wish donovan would attack more often.

Wow, I've never been so wrong when discussing soccer...ever. Thats probably the biggest L I've taken in my NT career. I'm glad I didnt do anythingstupid like promise to retire my SN if the US advanced
laugh.gif

Seriously though, other than Spain and Brazil, every team in this tourny has been crap. The US got embarrassed twice and yet they still advanced with only 3pts and a negative goal differential. Italy and Egypt were also pathetic today. Egypt was so stupid...came out with an attacking formation, when they were down1-0 and they knew that Italy was down 3-0, Egypt started to play defensively in the 2nd half to preserve a 1-goal deficit
smh.gif
3rd world countries FTL.

I'm not going to say something stupid like "The US will get smashed"...I know that the US will come out very organized and they'll have astrict gameplan vs. Spain. That being said, Spain should squeek out a 1 or 2 goal victory.

Brazil will smash South Africa though...Brazil's wing play is RIDICULOUS. 2 or 3 goal victory for Brazil.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

^^^Yeah Jozy played well today.

Luis:

You think ROBOBOB comes out with a 4-4-2 against Spain?
Yeah I think it'll look something like this

--------------Altidore------Dempsey------------

Donovan------------Bradley------------Feilhaber

---------------------Clark--------------------

Bornstein-----Onyewu-----Demeritt-----Spector

------------------Howard----------------------

No Adu/Torres
tired.gif
although I think possesion will be huge in this game andTorres would really help

I think we just need to clog the midfield, play physical, have Spain adjust to us (funny) and see what happens.

I'll be very happy with an 02 US-Germany performance.

And take a look at this headline:

[h3]Confederations Cup: 23 Americans advance, one goes home[/h3]
6a00e54ef2975b883301157047d9b2970c-320wi

When Sunday began it had been assumed that the 23 members of the U.S. national team would be the ones heading home from the Confederations Cup disappointed.After the United States rousing 3-0 win vs. Egypt, and Brazil's 3-0 win over Italy, the results meant that only one American player would be heading hometo the United States.

That player is Giuseppe Rossi.

Ever since he left New Jersey a decade ago, Rossi has made it a tradition to return to the United States for part of his off-season vacation. That vacationwill begin on Monday.

Okay, so perhaps gloating in Italy's failure may seem like a bit much, but considering the anguish Rossi's two goals against the United States putU.S. fans through, you can't really blame American fans for gloating a bit. So when they celebrate the fact that it was Rossi who was stripped on the playthat led to Brazil's vital third goal, and revel in Italy's elimination, you can't really blame them, can you?

You going to the Mexico game?
Pos si. Just waiting on the tickets to be released. My whole family is cheering for Mexico.
ohwell.gif

No Adu/Torres
tired.gif
although I think possesion will be huge in this game and Torres would really help
Adu played a great game against Spain last year. He can opened up the game. I do agree that he has to work on his defense.

Yeah that formation sounds about right. Robobob needs to insert Torres instead of failhaber. Torres has so much skill is sick to see him ride the pine. Dudeplays in one of the elite teams in Concacaf and has international experience having played in Copa Sudamericana and Libertadores. Still I wait for Skelletor tosee it. Rossi. I was so pissed to see him diss us when we ask him to play for us. then the other day he scored twice and beat us. Well today we get the lastlaugh on son. I sure he will be pulling for US on WED lmao.

Cant wait til Jermaine Jones gets to camp.

Amaru:

Dont trip man. Its always like that. Most of my family roots for Mexico. Nothing you can do about it, except, recently since the last Mexico game, two of mycousin who always root for the tri color told me that, they were not going too anymore. I ask them why??? They said simple I am of Mexican blood, but born andbred in the USA
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just smiled
happy.gif

-------------Altidore------Dempsey------------

------------------Howard

I read that Boca will be ready for the game. Tough decision, but I think he has to be in the starting XI.

I don't know if i feel happier for the USMNT or marionthebarberian. I saw dudes sig forever now and he has stuck by them forever. THATS passion. This isgoing to be a great game against spain.

Dont trip man. Its always like that. Most of my family roots for Mexico. Nothing you can do about it, except, recently since the last Mexico game, two of my cousin who always root for the tri color told me that, they were not going too anymore. I ask them why??? They said simple I am of Mexican blood, but born and bred in the USA
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just smile
My wife just bought her first tri jersey last week in anticipation for the game. I have bought her a tri jersey before but never wore it and gaveit away. Im like your rocking your US jersey in Mexico, she's like
sick.gif
I don't want piss thrown at me.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

-------------Altidore------Dempsey------------

------------------Howard

I read that Boca will be ready for the game. Tough decision, but I think he has to be in the starting XI.

Onyewu and DeMerit have played too well together to split that pairing now, Boca could start over Bornstein at left back which is where he playsfor Rennes anyway

its cool to see DeMerit getting some action..our high schools are in the same conference, and I think he's the only player from around here playingprofessionally

im looking forward to not only the Spain game (of course!) but the Gold Cup coming up, the roster is w/o the mainstays like Donovan, Dempsey, Howard, Onyewu,Bocanegra etc..alot of the younger players, many who we haven't been on the full national team stage, and some players with an outside chance of making theWorld Cup squad are going to be given a run out...should be interesting

Read where Spain is tied with Brazil at 35 games for the longest streak of games without a loss in history. Haven't lost since back in 2006 in a friendlymatch. These dudes must be nice.
ohwell.gif

We can still win though.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Great win for Egypt...my only criticism of them was they seemed too tentative when they were in Italy's zone. They had a lot of great opportunities to test Buffon but they often would over-dribble or make an extra pass which led to lost possession.

Anyone else irritated by ESPN's coverage? I know they're catering to an American market but there were FAR too many mentions of "The US still have a shot to advance on Sunday". Who the he.ck cares at this moment? We're watching Italy vs. Egypt, the US has nothing to do with that match. There was even a time in the match where Derek Rae said "Egypt leading 1-0 over the US".

The US has 0% chance to advance. Brazil isn't going to kill Italy and the US isn't going to kill Egypt. It's not that easy making up a -5 GD in just one match.

Both matches on Sunday will be great. I didnt expect Group B to come down to the final match day.

I ONLY came in here to tell you how you couldn't be more wrong. I haven't read anything past this and really, i don't want to. Nothing personal...your opinion/prediction is just 0% right.

GO USA!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Wow, I've never been so wrong when discussing soccer...ever. Thats probably the biggest L I've taken in my NT career. I'm glad I didnt do anything stupid like promise to retire my SN if the US advanced
laugh.gif

Seriously though, other than Spain and Brazil, every team in this tourny has been crap. The US got embarrassed twice and yet they still advanced with only 3 pts and a negative goal differential. Italy and Egypt were also pathetic today. Egypt was so stupid...came out with an attacking formation, when they were down 1-0 and they knew that Italy was down 3-0, Egypt started to play defensively in the 2nd half to preserve a 1-goal deficit
smh.gif
3rd world countries FTL.

I'm not going to say something stupid like "The US will get smashed"...I know that the US will come out very organized and they'll have a strict gameplan vs. Spain. That being said, Spain should squeek out a 1 or 2 goal victory.

Brazil will smash South Africa though...Brazil's wing play is RIDICULOUS. 2 or 3 goal victory for Brazil.

while i'm at it... i'll disagree again. I dont think Italy smashed the US by any means. They played an hour down a man... and their goals were NOTbecause they broke down the US defense... they were great strikes. 11 vs 11 that night... and I promise there would have been a different result. Italy had ahorrible tournament. They would be NOTHING right now if they werent' awarded that point vs. USA in the world cup in group play. I think US plays Italywell. Italy is the San Antonio Spurs...

Back
Top Bottom