FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Originally Posted by Fuser86

U.S. finally showed up!! About damn time...when it counted. As hard as it is to believe the U.S. has a shot vs Spain.

We'll see what happens on Wednesday.

USA! USA! USA!
I really am not worried about beating Spain... it'd be a miracle if we did.. I just hope we look inspired out there and put up a fight.

Is there a 3rd place game by the way? I really hope so... i'm content with making it out of group play, i think it's a huge step for these guys whoneeded some confidence after how the last few weeks have gone.. even if we didn't look great moving on, knowing we moved on ahead of Italy has to help.

roll.gif
Just came back home and saw USA made it...Great job....
pimp.gif
to the Brasil too.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at the haters, let's not act like we knew this would happenbut still
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
at yal haters hahahahahaha

USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by JaFlash

If US loses then they get last place, LOL.

What a shame.
I dont understand all this talk about "the US can still qualify" and the quote above me. EVEN IF the US beats Egypt, the US is likely to finish in last place. They're a -5 GD, Egypt is 0, Italy is +1. The US would have to beat Egypt by 3-goals to finish in 3rd place and that isn't happening. The US would need to beat Egypt by 4 or 5 goals and have Brazil spank Italy for the US to finish 2nd...that isn't happening.

I've read that the US may do some experimenting with their squad in this match and give some inexperienced players some exposure. Lets be realistic here, the US is only playing for pride. ESPN is just feeding viewers the "US can still qualify" BS in order to get some decent ratings.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

What a shame.
I dont understand all this talk about "the US can still qualify" and the quote above me. EVEN IF the US beats Egypt, the US is likely to finish in last place. They're a -5 GD, Egypt is 0, Italy is +1. The US would have to beat Egypt by 3-goals to finish in 3rd place and that isn't happening. The US would need to beat Egypt by 4 or 5 goals and have Brazil spank Italy for the US to finish 2nd...that isn't happening.

I've read that the US may do some experimenting with their squad in this match and give some inexperienced players some exposure. Lets be realistic here, the US is only playing for pride. ESPN is just feeding viewers the "US can still qualify" BS in order to get some decent ratings.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

USA is going to beat spain. All they need to do is be physical with Torres and Villa and they will be shut out. If you get under Torres and Villa's skin,the mid feilders would have to step up and take chances which isn't their game. So the US just needs to be physical in the back and let the mid feilders dotheir thing....but not let them in the 18 yard area. Spain is good bu if you get their forwards out of the game they crumble throughout

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by socluis90

What a shame.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

In a little to none effort to give dude some .. something, pregame espn did say that the us could qualify but the chances are as close to zero as possible. So
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
at oo sss aahh owning the espen soccer gurus

Im sure España will have full starters... U.S will need a BIGGER miracle than today. VAMOS FURRIIAA ROJA!!!!!

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

Im sure España will have full starters... U.S will need a BIGGER miracle than today. VAMOS FURRIIAA ROJA!!!!!

Vamos yourself lol, jk

What up with Freddy Adu? We need a creative midfielder on the team. He could've at least been a spark/energy guy of the bench late in games. Though helooked really promising a few years back on that U19 team a couple years back. Is he coming back to play in MLS or staying overseas?

Nice but don't expect another miracle vs Spain. Would have liked Egypt to advance, they looked better vs Brasil and Italy than the U.S did. Congratz though

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Fuser86

U.S. finally showed up!! About damn time...when it counted. As hard as it is to believe the U.S. has a shot vs Spain.

We'll see what happens on Wednesday.

USA! USA! USA!
I really am not worried about beating Spain... it'd be a miracle if we did.. I just hope we look inspired out there and put up a fight.

Is there a 3rd place game by the way? I really hope so... i'm content with making it out of group play, i think it's a huge step for these guys who needed some confidence after how the last few weeks have gone.. even if we didn't look great moving on, knowing we moved on ahead of Italy has to help.
yea there is..heres the schedule, times are ET

[table] Semi-finals [tr][td]Match[/td] [td]Date - Time[/td] [td]Venue[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Results[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]24/06 14:30[/td] [td]Mangaung/Bloemfontein[/td] [td][img]http://www.fifa.com/imgml/flags/s/esp.gif[/img][/td] [td]Spain[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]USA[/td] [td][img]http://www.fifa.com/imgml/flags/s/usa.gif[/img][/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]25/06 14:30[/td] [td]Johannesburg[/td] [td][img]http://www.fifa.com/imgml/flags/s/bra.gif[/img][/td] [td]Brazil[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]South Africa[/td] [td][img]http://www.fifa.com/imgml/flags/s/rsa.gif[/img][/td] [/tr][/table][table] Match for third place [tr][td]Match[/td] [td]Date - Time[/td] [td]Venue[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]28/06 09:00[/td] [td]Rustenburg[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]L13[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]L14[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table] Final [tr][td]Match[/td] [td]Date - Time[/td] [td]Venue[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]28/06 14:30[/td] [td]Johannesburg[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]W13[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]W14[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Props on America. Wasn't expecting them to win, let alone get in. An upset against Spain would be great to get some exposure and pride in the US.

Reverse Jinx FTW

I was shocked to find out that the US advanced today.

I didn't get to watch the games because I was at Gillette Stadium all day.
MLS Futbolito and then the Revs superliga match against Santos Laguna.

Revs match was quality, they won 4-2.
They are the defending superliga champs by the way.

Nice to see Oswaldo Sanchez get embarassed on a 40 yard strike.
As well as a volley off the post and in to clinch the game.

I've been to 2 Revs games in like 3 years and both matches had 6 goals.

I need to find out when they are showing the replay's for these games.
Then I can actually see what US did to turn it around.

Also, USA doesn't stand a chance against Spain.
This win was a fluke and I doubt they could put up and even better performance against Spain.

Back
Top Bottom