FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Holy @$*$... what a crazy turn of events...

just when you thought it was South Africa's day...

laugh.gif
Spain doesn't give a damn about the hosts.

laugh.gif
@ the Kiwi's goalless draw celebration... but hey, its a point anda clean-sheet...

The sad thing is, due to FIFA's crappy WCQ system, New Zealand have a good chance at making the WC if they win their playoff against their Asian opponent.

South Africa are super lucky...the same crap is going to happen next year...they'll get a #1 seed and thus avoid the top 7 ranked teams in the world.I'm sure that FIFA will give them an easy group to ensure that they advance to the round of 16.

I think that the US have a good chance of beating Egypt tomorrow...maybe 1-0. The US will be motivated to leave South Africa with atleast a win after 2embarrassing losses. Also, Egypt's two best strikers (Zidan and Zaki) are both injured and so Egypt will have to find an inexperienced bench player to fillin the void.

I'm not going to bother predicting Brazil vs. Italy. Brazil's B squad will be motivated but the Italians will go all out to ensure they advance.

So it sets up pretty interesting tomorrow. US can still qualify for the semifinals(not expecting it). I been reading the other soccer boards and I see alot offellow USMNT supporters hoping the US loses big to Egypt tomorrow so that Bradley gets another bad result and get's fired. As much as I dislike Bradleywith his weak coaching I would never root for my team to lose. ROBOBOB better start ADU and Torres. I wish he would also give the young Robles a start in netto see what this kid could do. I want to see us come out with some passion and fire. LET GO USA!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see Brazil vs. Italy, I'm still excited to see the B team trying to beat Italy
pimp.gif

I really liked the game today, SA really kept it interesting for a while... unlike NZ
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Is it me or does Fabregas look like the guy that played Spock in the new Star Trek
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JaFlash

If US loses then they get last place, LOL.

What a shame.
I dont understand all this talk about "the US can still qualify" and the quote above me. EVEN IF the US beats Egypt, the US is likely tofinish in last place. They're a -5 GD, Egypt is 0, Italy is +1. The US would have to beat Egypt by 3-goals to finish in 3rd place and that isn'thappening. The US would need to beat Egypt by 4 or 5 goals and have Brazil spank Italy for the US to finish 2nd...that isn't happening.

I've read that the US may do some experimenting with their squad in this match and give some inexperienced players some exposure. Lets be realistic here,the US is only playing for pride. ESPN is just feeding viewers the "US can still qualify" BS in order to get some decent ratings.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by JaFlash

If US loses then they get last place, LOL.

What a shame.
I dont understand all this talk about "the US can still qualify" and the quote above me. EVEN IF the US beats Egypt, the US is likely to finish in last place. They're a -5 GD, Egypt is 0, Italy is +1. The US would have to beat Egypt by 3-goals to finish in 3rd place and that isn't happening. The US would need to beat Egypt by 4 or 5 goals and have Brazil spank Italy for the US to finish 2nd...that isn't happening.

I've read that the US may do some experimenting with their squad in this match and give some inexperienced players some exposure. Lets be realistic here, the US is only playing for pride. ESPN is just feeding viewers the "US can still qualify" BS in order to get some decent ratings.
exactly... im expecting some changes for the US n they better pray zidan isnt playing, hell embarass our back line...

i like brasils b team n all honestly, theyre more physical n unless italy goes a lil younger thru the midfield i think they may jus get gashed

the US lineup is going to be

Guzan
Spector-Onyewu-DeMerit-Bornstein
Dempsey-Bradley-Clark-Donovan
Davies-Altidore

i hope Freddy, Torres and Wynne get on at some point

Dempsey or Beasley shouldn't be called up anymore. They're those players that THINK they should be on the squad because they play in Europe.

Playing in Europe doesn't give any player from any country a right to represent their country; it's a privilege.

I highly doubt the U.S. will qualify considering they need to score at least 3 goals and have Brazil score 3 or4 as well.

Game about to start in half an hour. Let's go US! show some spirit at least!

Originally Posted by elevenairs

the US lineup is going to be

Guzan
Spector-Onyewu-DeMerit-Bornstein
Dempsey-Bradley-Clark-Donovan
Davies-Altidore

i hope Freddy, Torres and Wynne get on at some point
Skelletor is not starting Torres or ADU???

SMH
indifferent.gif

ANY WAYS LET GO USA. LET'S WIN THIS ONE.!!!!!!!!!!!!

brasil "a-side" ahhhh... lets get it.... Azure on the attack early...

EDIT: this game is y i love futbol...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
bump the USA game
laugh.gif
way more skillful players

I hate that both Univision and ESPN can't get quality announcers for their games. One network either tries too hard (Univision) or not quite enough (ESPN)

Brasil will take this. They're already dominating

Back
Top Bottom