Father hates kids using modern technology. Makes family live like it's 1986.

wow some folks dont age well.
laugh.gif

I commend him for changing up his family's lifestyle, but he shouldn't have let it get that far in the first place. There's no rational reason to let a toddler use an iPad. This is similar to those situations where obese people lose a bunch of weight on an extreme diet and then we commend them for losing the weight and ignore the fact that they let themselves get that fat in the first place.

It's cool for kids. They don't miss anything in school. I wish I could do this as an adult, I gave up facebook and I miss out on so many opportunities (opportunities that I didn't really want). But you can't do this as an adult especially in the professional world.

I commend him for changing up his family's lifestyle, but he shouldn't have let it get that far in the first place. There's no rational reason to let a toddler use an iPad. This is similar to those situations where obese people lose a bunch of weight on an extreme diet and then we commend them for losing the weight and ignore the fact that they let themselves get that fat in the first place.
no use crying over spilt milk.  especially if its already been cleaned up.

It's cool for kids. They don't miss anything in school. I wish I could do this as an adult, I gave up facebook and I miss out on so many opportunities (opportunities that I didn't really want). But you can't do this as an adult especially in the professional world.
Yeah I've been off FB for 2 years. I already live in 2006. Thought about ditching the smart phone to go back to 2002 but ultimately can't do it. If you live in a small town maybe you'd have people to interact with but, not big city though, everyone is attached. It's pretty ironic, so many more people, so much less interaction.

Well, when the cleanup solution isn't sustainable, I think it's worth a comment.
thats true actually the damage has been done but im optimistic that a year of this type of living could change them for the better. its all about moderation.

kids will appreciate what they have once they go back to modern tech. Not many kids are appreciative of what they have

:lol: thats dope...and yea dudes 26 he was barely alive in 86...i appreciate it tho, even down to the 80's tunes

I wouldn't go to these extremes but when I have kids and they would rather stay indoors I can see myself getting pissed. It's already annoying going out to eat with friends and everybody is on their phone. I am writing this from my ipad however...:smh:

aint see no wife or mom
nerd.gif
 ​
No mention either . . . probably left his *** when he brought up this dumb *** ****
laugh.gif
 ​
Good intentions as far as trying to get them to go outside, but it seems like something he's doing for nostalgic purposes . . . kinda hurting his kids because technology is being integrated into schools now . . . by the time his kids are in MS/HS it will probably be expected/mandatory to have some type of smart device . . . textbooks will probably be extinct​
 ​
There can be a balance . . . throwing out your cell phones, computers, and television is kind of extreme​

Last edited:
So the lesson of the story is don't spoil your kid because every other kid is playing on an iPad. It is unfortunate to see so many kids find fun and entertainment only through technology...I rarely see any kids play in the backyard or ride bikes these days.

Back
Top Bottom