Facebook started May '11 w/ 155M US users; it ended May with 149M.

Twitter is also kinda lame, though. Facebook serves it's purpose well enough for me. Not really obsessed with it like alot of people I know though.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I see fb as being very fragile. It starts with one friend. he may have 200 other friends. What he used to write or say publicly now won't be there. He decided to delete his account Other friends may have looked forward to that message of the day and now they follow suit and start spending less time on fb and then eventually close their account. It all started with a few who got their other friends to be their 'friends' and can end in the same fashion. These social networking sites can end in the same time as their inception.

Think about this. If two of your best friends cancelled their accounts, what would you do? These people used to post up crazy amounts of photos and posts. Like the life of a party, only online.. Fb needs to figure out how to keep those users who are keeping other users entertained. It takes just one domino to start something ugly

This. I'm seeing less and less people posting stuff. I nearly never post stuff. I was actually considering just getting rid of it a week or so ago. Even Twitter I mainly use to follow NT, but if it wasn't for NTers saying funny stuff, I wouldn't even use it that much either.

Facebook ain't goin nowhere. Sounds cliche but they're too big and too smart to fail at this point.  MySpace died because they got too cocky and moved too slow to change.  It's too late for an up and coming social network to take over because anything new the site would try to do, all Facebook has to do is implement the same feature as well.  And all people will not just all migrate to Twitter.  Facebook and Twitter are both social networks but like the article said they're way too different in how they work for Facebook to see them as a direct threat. 

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

NT>

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

This might be the greatest come up time in history after the oil tycoons.

Create a social media website and take advantage of current and future generation's need for self promotion and famous worshipping.

Mark's great grandchildren are set for life from him putting in solid work for ten years.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom