F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

IMG_7009.jpeg

💀💀💀

LFG... McLaren front row! 🙌
But the curse! 😩😩

But also... genuinely shocked at where RBR are starting... and just ahead of Alex.
Their racepace (as did Merc's and Ferrari's) looked really good in FP2, so it's gonna be so damn tight.

Damn... that was a great gamble by Ferrari, but Charles was fast today. What a feeling for them to win in Monza.

But, man... what could have been!
I think Lando got caught out by Oscar... didn't think he'd make the move there... but Oscar was the faster guy today, so it was the right guy to finish ahead. That was a good move by Oscar, but not at the expense of the 1-2! 😳

Anyway... still good points to close the gap to RBR... and Lando 🤏 closed the gap to Max. 😅

What a throwback...
1725200769036.png

Damn... that was a great gamble by Ferrari, but Charles was fast today. What a feeling for them to win in Monza.

But, man... what could have been!
I think Lando got caught out by Oscar... didn't think he'd make the move there... but Oscar was the faster guy today, so it was the right guy to finish ahead. That was a good move by Oscar, but not at the expense of the 1-2! 😳

Anyway... still good points to close the gap to RBR... and Lando 🤏 closed the gap to Max. 😅

What a throwback...
1725200769036.png
Lando my guy but that wasn’t gonna be a 1-2 lol

Lando my guy but that wasn’t gonna be a 1-2 lol
Sorry, I worded that poorly.

I meant a P1-P2 after the 1st lap... Lando lost a position to Charles after the overtake which meant that McLaren had to manage that situation. Had they hung onto P1-P2, they could have, at least, tried to managed the race.

But you're right about 1-2 for the race. Lando had too much deg and def didn't look like he could have 1-stopped.

McLaren are normally good on tyres, but Ferrari/Charles was much better today.

Meanwhile... 😬

Ferrari win at Monza 🔥. Great race by Chuck especially since his first and only pit was on lap 15ish.

Also great race from Oscar. What a move he put in Lando on lap 1 at Ascari

Did not expect that from Ferrari and Charles. I really wanted to see Oscar catch back up. He's really winning me over as the better McLaren racer there.

It’s really too bad max was so dominant at the start of this season. It would be amazing drama to have a drivers championship being competitive with the Mercedes, McLaren and Ferrari performances as of late.

Whoa!!! He’s suddenly a front runner for the Audi seat according to Binotto. What a drive!

Lando goofed again :smh:

I don’t understand McLaren. Fair play to Oscar but Zak gotta get on the horn and tell them to switch positions at the end. They don't care about the WDC? They have a championship capable car but without the mentality.

Ferrari giving me hope for next year.

Back
Top Bottom