F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Slowly working my way through DTS and man how has nobody at Alpha beat the breaks of Yuki Tsunoda? Or is that behavior/attitude common but just highlighted by the show?

Slowly working my way through DTS and man how has nobody at Alpha beat the breaks of Yuki Tsunoda? Or is that behavior/attitude common but just highlighted by the show?

Seems common because he's a kid. You also hear his radio during races and quali and that's basically how he talks. Always angry and shows a poor attitude. Not sure how much longer they want to keep him up if he's not going to score points consistently.

I haven't finished DTS, so I haven't seen all of the Yuki footage, but while he swears a lot and his radio message may come off sounding like he has a bad attitude, I don't think it should be used to judge how he is as a driver. If you listen to all the driver radio chatter, I'm sure a lot of them can get heated during a race, but I know for a fact that some of the radio used by Netflix is selected to create a narrative. I watch the entire onboards of both McLarens after each race and Daniel is usually very calm, while Lando despite having one or two outbursts when it gets tense, is usually pretty calm as well. F1 liked to use the radio exchange during his Russian GP last year when he yelled back, but that was only a snippet of the entire race. Ppl only heard that and assumed he spoke like that thru the entire race, which was not true. That's the problem with snippets... makes ppl assume they're always like that.

Ultimately, I think the most important thing is how he interacts with his engineer. The driver may be a bit hot-headed, but if they can effective communicate, then it's perfectly ok.

I've noticed Yuki develop through the course of last season and he definitely switched up his language
and general demeanor.

You have to take into account that he's japanese and English is not used.. ever. He probably developed his
English through games, movies and the internet- even if he was taught formally, using it and learning the
flow is something he might have picked up at the track etc.

TLDR; he was definitely a prick in the first half of the season and developed his communication throughout.
You'll notice as well that he seems to have a good relationship with his trainer and engineer.

:rofl:

even sky sports/espn will choose radio messages that always make it seem like something negative is happening or of certain driver's sounding negative.
I don't really get why they do this considering a alot of people take things at face value.

Yea wouldn't take DTS serious. Just take it for some added behind the scenes with a grain of salt.

Being someone who learned English as a 2nd language, you develop the way you speak and learn English by what you hear used around you or with you. All these paddocks curse up a storm, so thats probably what he deems appropriate to speak.

It wasn't the language used I was talking about per say, but the overall attitude in the show which I figured was probably done on purpose. Showed him complain a lot about the car or training. Reminded me of a guy getting whooped in video games and blaming lag or some glitch.

even sky sports/espn will choose radio messages that always make it seem like something negative is happening or of certain driver's sounding negative.
I don't really get why they do this considering a alot of people take things at face value.

When its Max's radio and he's crying like a baby and blaming everyone but himself for misfortune/error, theres nothing better-- and since it happens so frequently, I take it as an accurate portrayal of Max being a crybaby and a true asterisk champ :rofl::rofl:

started watching f1 during the pandemic so never got to watch a Australia grand prix, was reading about how changes to the track and this year's cars should make for a good race.

Looked like a case of misunderstanding.
Need to hear Nicky's radio if he was told to hurry up... hence trying to reovertake Lance.

So according to Lance's interview, he wasn't trying to get out of Zhou's way... or anyone on his left.

EDIT

Last edited:
Merc still a bouncy house mess but I'll take Lewis at 5.
Looking at the times, tomorrow is gonna be another Max - Sharl duel.

"Get me the darkest visor" battle

LMAO

Back
Top Bottom