F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I have no doubt max did it on purpose. Ham chose to engage. So therefore let it go.
There's no doubt that Max did what he did. Like Jolyon said in his vid... you're fighting for a world championship... you're gonna fight hard... maybe too hard. It's understandable, even if it was overboard.

Anyone know what these are? 🤔
1637267390566.png

Last edited:
Anyone know what these are? 🤔
1637267390566.png

looks like Saudi GP will be canceled. looking like it's gonna be 2 races left.
or could they add another one this late?

Based off of the video I don't think anything will happen, though we all know what Max was doing. In the end I think it is just racing.
I really enjoyed this race thoroughly and looking at the on board footage, it looks like if Max tried to make that corner work he would have locked up and spun out. Lewis showcased his goat level driving skills though by managing to not touch and avoid max.
Great racing.

Interesting to see if Lewis will still have the speed advantage this weekend.

looks like Saudi GP will be canceled. looking like it's gonna be 2 races left.
or could they add another one this late?

Zero chance it'll get canceled. Track is nearly complete, it'll be ready in time but very bare bones. Not the first time it's happened for an F1 circuit and probably not the last

Now you every driver knows, that you can dive down the inside, not make the corner and force a drive off whilst defending and get away with it.
If you are allowed to defend this way, overtaking around the outside is almost impossible.

They must come up with proper rules and a way to have consistent Stewarding.

Curious to see when this happens again and then they give a penalty...

Now you every driver knows, that you can dive down the inside, not make the corner and force a drive off whilst defending and get away with it.
If you are allowed to defend this way, overtaking around the outside is almost impossible.

They must come up with proper rules and a way to have consistent Stewarding.

Curious to see when this happens again and then they give a penalty...
Well, Max can…

Not necessarily so. The ruling was that Merc was denied the right of review... but they didn't specifically talk about the legality of the move. Lots of specific wording. That's not to say that should Max try that move again, he wouldn't get pen'd.

As someone who isn't a fan of either team/driver, I love this bickering pettiness. 😂😂😂

This is absolutely your typical F1... teams protesting other teams to get their cars banned. For the newer fans of this sport, this has been going on for years... decades even! That's just how it is. In F1, the designers will always try to find the limit of the rules and bend it even a bit more. All the teams do it. They're always on the edge... and you need to do that in order to remain competitive. And until you're caught, you'll keep on doing it. McLaren famously had their 2nd-brake-pedal back in the late 90's and were superior cuz of it. That was until a photographer suck their camera in the cockpit and exposed it. Was it illegal at the time? IIRC, not per se, but all the other teams tried to get it banned... and were successful in doing so. Same with the McLaren F-duct. Ferrari had a bending front-wing at high speeds over 10 years ago, while Renault had their mass-dampener during the Alonso era. All eventually got banned when the others found out. F1 has some amazingly clever engineers who will come up with all sorts of solutions to problems. And this is the same for Merc, who have apparently come up with this way of dumping drag at high speed. Same with their DAS.

I'm a nervous wreck at the moment.
Big names out in Q2

Alpine vs Alpha Tauri battle is intense. Good to see Tsunoda performing as well

Back
Top Bottom