F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

That race on Saturday was a farce. What a mess. Then they had the audacity to blame Antonio for driving too fast. 🙄

Sunday's race was much better... but it's a shame that most of these races are on point-&-squirt city tracks.

I’m a traditionalist, so for me, quali should always be the fastest driver on one single lap with low fuel... and that should be the one starting on pole on Sunday. We will be deprived of this now. Another issue I have is that they’re already limiting engines and parts to each car. This sprint race adds extra pressure and usage on these cars and parts. Towards the end of the season, I can imagine a lot of cars taking penalties for parts. This will also increase everyone’s costs. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

Anyway, it’s here now and who knows, maybe it’ll be good.

Quali!

tenor.gif

What a weird Q3.

Tyres and wind were everywhere so I can't say who's faster between the bulls and the mercs.
Missed opportunity for Lewis. Dirty side of the grid so Max will probably get the tow on Bottas if he gets the start he got last week.

Looking forward to the race.

EDIT:

Well done Sainz and Ocon.
I was too busy watching the top 4 that I didn't even notice their results.

Alpine's upgrades have definitely worked.

Seb also looking the best he has in a while. I think this is his first Q3 in a while.

Last edited:
The wind killed the excitement for Q3. Mercs looked faster on mediums than RB but Lewis will be in dirty air at the start. Really curious how this race will start.

Lewis might be P3 after turn 1 if last year's race is an indication.

Also hard to tell if their quali pace on mediums will translate into race pace tomorrow.

They do seem to be getting on top of the car though. Let's see if they bring big updates to Spain

Back
Top Bottom