F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Yeah. Just cancel the race.

4 races in a row definitely sounds like a nightmare.

I won't lie, I would love that.
But it will be a bit much for the personnel.

You know, it didn't seem that noticeable back then. I guess it was cuz it always happened, so it felt inevitable at some point. DNFs were a common thing. Now the reliability has been so good that when a reliability-related DNF happens, it's pretty noticeable and surprising. IIRC, Kimi had McLaren seasons where he had more retirements than race-finishes. Schumi probably had the best reliability at the time... Schumi... not Ferrari or Rubens... cuz Rubens had his share of DNFs as well.

And yes, T-cars! Nice to have, but soooooo expensive for teams to run and ship them around. A sensible decision to drop them.

My colleague was telling me it was even worse for him, being a Mansel fan.
Schumi definitely had an edge when it came to reliability compared to the rest. It's so surprising to me to see all these Mercedes engine packing up nearly every other race year after year and now they're almost bulletproof.

With reliability, a lot of these championship battles would've been a lot different.

I don't know what Vettel was smoking when he said bring back the V10's after retiring in Russia :lol:

Go be fair, I thought what Seb meant was that he wanted a more simple engine. His failure was due to an ERS or KERS... indicating how complex the current gen of engines are. Simple and loud V10's or V8's.

Go be fair, I thought what Seb meant was that he wanted a more simple engine. His failure was due to an ERS or KERS... indicating how complex the current gen of engines are. Simple and loud V10's or V8's.
Yea, I get that but those engines were going pop a lot more than the newer hybrid engines.

But I guess a normal ICE in this day and age will be more reliable.

At least this is a sign on staying in F1. Read that it's in the same financial dimension as the Petronas sponsorship.

I don't mind the splash of red. I liked the red halo in Monaco and this is not that much different.
The silver looks lighter though or maybe it's just the lighting. Still, I want to see how it is on the 2020 car.

If Ineos is getting the same sponsorship deal as Petronas then I expect to see a lot more red.

Good on Mercedes for getting even more sponsors.
AMD is on board also which means less money from Daimler is needed so there's even a better chance of staying.
Why leave when you're one of the best teams the sport has ever seen.

Now the real question is, is Hamilton really going to have a purple and pink helmet :lol:
I think it might look good

1581354592756.png

I think they're gonna go with a very different colorway... to distance themselves from the STR image.

1581445571756.png

1581446530138.png

1581446393498.png

I like it.

Bargeboard area looks mad complicated :lol:
Rake is really high too and the sidepods are different from the front view.

Expecting this to have more downforce than last year and I'm expecting it to have more drag which means their engine power advantage is probably still there.

Last edited:
Nose looks pretty different (tip, fins). And I'm sure the rear is sculpted differently. Plus the barge boards are probably very different.
Still too early to take any of these photos seriously. Wait for testing.

Renault has the potential to make noise this season, they have a great driver lineup and need to perform well to convince the suits to continue in F1 past 2020.

Red Bull Pig nose is ultra ugly but I like the slimmer nose compared to the bigger nose.

Reminds me of the 2009 Red Bull compared to the 2010

1581537994976.png

Back
Top Bottom