EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

So watching the news and a flight to Chicago has turned around and returned to Boston due to 2 gentlemen who were not sitting next to each other pretty far from each other having a conversation in Arabic. Everyone got scared and plane turned around.

Theres a part of me that knows this is effed up, but theres another part of me that feel those men should've known better.

this is exactly what i was talking about and honestly its sad. americans are now associating terrorism with muslim/arabic/w.e..thats like associating all black people to criminal activity on account of a few, word to stop and frisk in NYC.

idk i get the fear, but people quickly forget that americans have committed terrorist acts of violence in the past. the media is def to blame for this honestly, molding americans perception of terror and tragedy.

so saying they should've have known better to speak their native language is ignorant.

Yea. Running from explosions. Who does that??

:smh:

I honestly don't think its international terrorism. Its doesn't make any sense. Why Boston? Why the marathon? Its people in the states that didn't know NE celebrated a "Patriots Day"(me, for one), how would someone from another country know?

Dont think this happened because it was patriots day.

Try not to blow the Bomb sniffing dogs thing out of proportion here...

"But hes never seen that many bomb sniffing dogs before a race".... Yeah, because there had never been a bomb go off before at a race.  Immediately dudes mind is going to search for things to try to make sense of what happened, even if there were more dogs than normal... Were 5 months after Newtown CT and this is taking place in NE as that did.

Bomb sniffing dogs came and combed through my entire restaurant at both the Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes in 2009.  It's not abnormal.  There were what? 20,000 RUNNERS in this marathon? Plus thousands more spectators... Of course they're going to say its a training drill whether there was a real threat called in or not.

I honestly don't think its international terrorism. Its doesn't make any sense. Why Boston? Why the marathon? Its people in the states that didn't know NE celebrated a "Patriots Day"(me, for one), how would someone from another country know?
The Boston marathon is huge internationally. I also don't think you realize how multicultural that area of Boston is with a dozen huge colleges that are destinations for foreign students. Everyone who has been to college there know about the marathon and patriots day. The whole city changes for the day. Even the Sox play at 10 am to avoid the busy afternoon.

Dont think this happened because it was patriots day.

so what do you think was the reason?

So watching the news and a flight to Chicago has turned around and returned to Boston due to 2 gentlemen who were not sitting next to each other pretty far from each other having a conversation in Arabic. Everyone got scared and plane turned around.
Theres a part of me that knows this is effed up, but theres another part of me that feel those men should've known better.
this is exactly what i was talking about and honestly its sad. americans are now associating terrorism with muslim/arabic/w.e..thats like associating all black people to criminal activity on account of a few, word to stop and frisk in NYC.

idk i get the fear, but people quickly forget that americans have committed terrorist acts of violence in the past. the media is def to blame for this honestly, molding americans perception of terror and tragedy.

so saying they should've have known better to speak their native language is ignorant.
So you woulda been cool with them just yelling out random stuff in Arabic across the plane, especially one day after what happened . . .  It's not even about  any racism . . . dudes yelling out random Arabic is exactly how the hijackings started if I'm not mistaken

(for the record, I don't think this was a terrorist attack, like dude said up there, I didn't even know there was a such thing as a Patriots Day in Boston, so I know someone overseas isn't Wikipedia-ing random local holidays)

"But hes never seen that many bomb sniffing dogs before a race".... Yeah, because there had never been a bomb go off before at a race.  Immediately dudes mind is going to search for things to try to make sense of what happened, even if there were more dogs than normal... Were 5 months after Newtown CT and this is taking place in NE as that did.

Bomb sniffing dogs came and combed through my entire restaurant at both the Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes in 2009.  It's not abnormal.  There were what? 20,000 RUNNERS in this marathon? Plus thousands more spectators... Of course they're going to say its a training drill whether there was a real threat called in or not.
Even if there were bomb sniffing dogs, and alot of them, what does that add or take away from the situation . . . don't even see how that would fit into a conspiracy theory . . .

Even if there were bomb sniffing dogs, and alot of them, what does that add or take away from the situation . . . don't even see how that would fit into a conspiracy theory . . .​

Theres been bomb sniffing dogs pre race every year since 9/11

Last edited:

I agree completely...I know in lieu of past events involving people from that region of the world on airplanes has people scared and shook, but when I hear German spoken around me I don't automatically assume there's some Nazi speaking ill of me (I know that was years ago but at what point do these broad assumptions change?). I get the fear people may have had but to say people should have known better than to speak their native language is kinda crazy....like would it bother you if two people speaking Arabic were on a bus? You heard it spoken outside your house? I wonder if people in the middle east get worried that someone is going to send a drone to their town and kill innocent children when they hear or see a group of Americans huddled up in their country or leaving :smh:

But the media are the biggest culprits of this sensationalism....like they really HAD to point out that there was a Saudi international who is being taken in for questioning? They've probably taken in several other for questioning and just gathering info, but we don't know their ethnic background...I'd rather they kept all that to themselves, not try and drum up idiotic sentiments that I've seen so much on social media yesterday and today with idiots talking about eradicating all Muslims :x

Oh I agree with you whole heartily, but its apart of living in this wonderful country. As a black man(with dreadlocks) I know I cant go wondering around a nice neighborhood after dark. They should've know Americans are scared and ******g stupid and that probably wasnt the best idea to have a conversation, over a bunch of people, in Arabic on an airplane.

Yes its effed up, but it is what it is and it isnt gonna change anytime soon. The Best we can do for now is to keep ourselves out of situations where stereotyping can get the best of you.

RIP to all the lives lost and ones that were injured.

So tragic.. I'm really curious as to who was behind this. :smh:

I wonder how long until politicians in the south stop caring. Like sandy hook. Or 9/11. Don't forget Taxachussets isn't "real America"

Last edited:
I see bomb sniffing and drug sniffing dogs at South Station all the time. Shouldn't be a surprise they have them where thousands of people are congregating.

So you woulda been cool with them just yelling out random stuff in Arabic across the plane, especially one day after what happened . . .  It's not even about  any racism . . . dudes yelling out random Arabic is exactly how the hijackings started if I'm not mistaken​

(for the record, I don't think this was a terrorist attack, like dude said up there, I didn't even know there was a such thing as a Patriots Day in Boston, so I know someone overseas isn't Wikipedia-ing random local holidays)​

That is a HUUUUUUGE leap you just took...so because the hijackers happened to speak Arabic prior to 9/11 then any time you hear people speaking Arabic (doubtful that it was even random) you are going to assume they're terrorists?! C'mon, thats such a big jump, and I'm not blaming you or anything b/c its deep in the subconscious of a lot of people, hell that would cross my mind for a brief moment too since we're all programmed to think like that from the news, etc. but we should be able to quickly move past that because the odds of that being the case are extraordinarily slim.

Anyone hear any news or updates? I know the mayor and FBI rep. just issued a public statement

Excellent points.

So the day after a bombing of any kind is National Don't Speak Arabic Day and that's not racist?
No but it's obviously insensitive to yell out Arabic across a plane given the circumstances of what happened in 2001. It's not that they were speaking Arabic . . . it's that they were yelling it across the plane. The Boston incident just gave people heightened paranoia. Not even just an Arabic thing. Would have been the same reaction if any language was yelled across a plane that the majority of the passengers couldn't understand.

Also their demeanor plays a factor too . . . if they seemed angry/serious, then no question I'd raise an eyebrow.

I know it's insensitive to a degree, but you really never know these days. It's not like they all got up and beat the guys . . . they just turned the plane around. Better safe then sorry.

I was actually in Boston yesterday bc my gf moved up to Boston for her job a few months back, So I go up there every weekend.

She works about a mile away from there in the financial district. (The other location is actually on Boylston st, about a block from the explosions)

So I went to pick her up because I didnt want her to take the train or bus home incase anything else were to happen.  I figured I would have a hard time getting around and maybe not be able to get into Boston ... it was the total opposite.

Nothing was shut down and people were acting as if nothing was going on.   Ive never seen people act so nonchalant in my life.

I know its hard for a city to prepare for these things but they had no idea what to do, everything should have been on lockdown. 

I was ******** in my pants driving in the tunnels and over the memorial bridge.

Hope they find whoever did this soon, just horrible.

tired.gif

Reading about Carlos Arredondo (the guy with the long hair holding the bloody flag) brings tears to my eyes

He lost one son in Iraq from a sniper and his other son committed suicide, Carlos tried to kill him in 2004 by setting himself on fire in his van.

He has since become a peace activist and basically saved the guy in the wheelchairs life with the blown off legs by holding the artery closed which pictures around the Internet show
damn 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom