EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

They hate us because we are a free country.  Women have rights, minorities have rights, gays have rights.  A lot of people around the world don't like that.   Some people are just evil and enjoy destroying good things.   We had to fight for our freedom and  believe it or not we are still fighting various groups around the world who want to take our freedom away.   Also we help others around the world who are fighting for their freedom. 

Many Afghans Shrug at 'This Event Foreigners Call 9/11'

According to a survey of 15- to 30-year-old men in the two southern provinces where President Barack Obama sent the bulk of American surge troops, 92% of respondents said they didn't know about "this event which the foreigners call 9/11"after being read a three-paragraph description of the attacks.

"Nobody explained to them the 9/11 story—and it's hard to win the hearts and minds of the fighting-age males in Helmand if they don't even know why the foreigners are here," says Norine MacDonald, president of the International Council on Security and Development, the think tank that carried out the survey of 1,000 Afghan men in eight districts of Kandahar and Helmand. "There is a vacuum—and it's being filled by al Qaeda and Taliban propaganda claiming that we are here to destroy Islam."

Last edited:

I agree anti American propaganda is going on all over the world from people that hate our country.  Look at what kids are being taught in North Korea.   S**t anti American propaganda is going on in our own country.   It's nothing new. 

If I didn't know that you were absolutely dead serious, this post would be hilarious to me. It seems like a post that I would write in an attempt at trolling.

Last edited:
terrible. do they have any suspects at all? how does nobody not see what happen? no cameras? nothing?

What? No. The point is we don't do ourselves any favors. We're occupying and bombing a nation of people that don't know why the hell we're even they're to begin with. We do the recruiting for the bad guys.

You're whole post was like a "greatest hits" of War on Terror propaganda.
laugh.gif
I understand what your saying.   I have a question for you though.  Do you think we were right to go hunt Bin Laden down after 9/11?

Last edited:
If I didn't know that you were absolutely dead serious, this post would be hilarious to me. It seems like a post that I would write in an attempt at trolling.
I don't agree with a lot of what are country does but I feel like somethings are justified.  Do you think we should have just let Bin Laden get away with 9/11?    I was against the Iraq war and I'm against us still being in Afghanistan.  We should have left once we killed Bin Laden.     I'm against us bombing towns in Yemen targeting Al Qaeda members.   Unless North Korea bombs one of our allies in Asia I'm against going to war with them also.  

Wow what a terrible day for Boston.

People don't realize how special Patriots Day/Marathon Monday is in Boston. You would be hard pressed to find a better day to walk around the city than Marathon Monday. It is just an awesome atmosphere, so many smiling faces and just a joyous atmosphere with the arrival of spring.

This hits much too close to home for me. One of my good friends lives on that same block, one street over on Newbury. I knew a handful of people running the race and there as spectators, i have been shook up since 2:50 PM. 90% of the time when I ride the subway in Boston I get off right at copley, where this happened.

I think people need to stop worrying so much about who did it and why and just let the police and government agencies do their job. The government is going to give us as much information as they deem appropriate, it is out of our control really.I really just find it sickening when people are quick to point the finger back at the government and call it an inside job or immediately call it conspiracy because they haven't given out all the info you desire yet.

Amazing courage displayed by first responders today is something to hold on to. We may not be a perfect country, but when things like this happen I can't say enough about the amazing people we have here.

Oh did you now? How so? Please explain in detail because I never know what people mean when they say stuff like this.

Damn right. And that's why there is no need for this give up on the world/ humanity mumbo jumbo.

Everyday I turn on the news and its always some horrific crap I see. We kill and steal from one another. Also, the way we do it just makes it worse. I have really grown to develop the mentality that I shouldn't be surprised anymore. I've come to accept that we all make choices, but its in human nature to do silly acts towards one another. #PrayForBoston.

It's a sad day in Boston. My prayers goes to the friends and family's affected by this tragedy.

Peace of mind has been taking from this city and will never be the same again.

Last edited:
I truly hope that if/when we find out who did this they DONT get the death penalty. I hope they get life with the GP so they can suffer every minute for the rest of their miserable life.

Not only that but the whole week is school vacation. His dad was in the marathon and his mom might've lost a leg as well I'm not sure but she is in critical condition.

So watching the news and a flight to Chicago has turned around and returned to Boston due to 2 gentlemen who were not sitting next to each other pretty far from each other having a conversation in Arabic. Everyone got scared and plane turned around.

So watching the news and a flight to Chicago has turned around and returned to Boston due to 2 gentlemen who were not sitting next to each other pretty far from each other having a conversation in Arabic. Everyone got scared and plane turned around.
:rolleyes I'm sure there was more to the story than that.

Back
Top Bottom