ESPN TOP 10 point guards of all time

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

FG%, they're about equal but knowing only thing tp does is driving in, so gotta give edge to Nash.
Rings, TP has 3 but we all know who Duncan is.
MVPS, Nash with 2, TP with 1 finals mvp(thanks to Duncan)
mk92c3.gif

So, you give the edge to Nash because TP drives to the basket more?
laugh.gif
..you do realize the size of this dude, right?

If i remember correctly.. TP pretty much dominated that series against Cavs.. so stop with the " thanks to duncan " BS..

And also what has Nash done after the Marion trade?..

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ry, thank you very much. So I was dead wrong about the 34-0 part, it was 34 point difference that Simmons was talkin about, IN Phoenix, IN the playoffs. My bad for mixin that up and gettin it confused.

Well, does anyone wanna argue that Nash is better then Tony Parker now?
nerd.gif
Bet they don't.
laugh.gif
Yeah one game totally invalidates an entire career, now that is a @+++*$** stat.
eyes.gif

Not to mention Nash was probably not even guarding him.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ry, thank you very much. So I was dead wrong about the 34-0 part, it was 34 point difference that Simmons was talkin about, IN Phoenix, IN the playoffs. My bad for mixin that up and gettin it confused.

Well, does anyone wanna argue that Nash is better then Tony Parker now?
nerd.gif
Bet they don't.
laugh.gif
Yeah one game totally invalidates an entire career, now that is a @+++*$** stat.
eyes.gif

Not to mention Nash was probably not even guarding him.

Gee, and why is that?

This is YOUR statement and it says a lot don't it? So if he WAS guarding him, he gave up 41 points. And if he wasn't guarding him, WHY wasn't he? Because they knew he couldn't guard him is why. And if he couldn't guard him, but someone else did and gave up 41, how many would Steve have givenhim?
eek.gif

Why did the Suns have to hide Nash on Bruce Bowen I wonder? Hmmmm

Tony Parker's career >>>>>>>> Nash's career. And no, not because of Tim Duncan, because Mr Wonderful has had TONS of talentaround him, AND a system just for him and he still ain't done a damn thing but get himself overrated. He's a fantasy stat stuffer, and not a winner.

Tony gets numbers, AND wins. That puts TP above Nash any day of the week. Soon as CP3 and Deron Williams get enough time in, they'll jump ahead too, andhopefully someday people will give Billups and KJ the credit they deserve too, and Nash will slot in where he belongs somewhere near 15 or so. At 15, I'mcool with. I'll leave Nash alone there. I can live with that.

Nash sucks at defense, I'm not trying to hide this fact, but so does Tony Parker, and so do other hall of farmers and so does some other people on thatlist. Nash gets crucified for his defense, but Tony Parker is a saint. You try and make basketball into to some 1 vs 1 type thing when Tony Parker is more ondimensional than Steve Nash TP job is to score, Nash's job is to run the offense so comparing box scores like is silly.

In 2006 Tony Parker scored 13 points while Steve poured in 30 on him, it goes both ways, one game aberrations don't mean anything.

TEAMS win...nothing more nothing less, Tony Parker is a one dimensional point guard who can't, pass, shoot or defend he scores points, that's it Idon't see what makes him better than Steve becuase he hoped on the back of 2 hall of famers to a championship.

Originally Posted by Japs24

FG%, they're about equal but knowing only thing tp does is driving in, so gotta give edge to Nash.
Rings, TP has 3 but we all know who Duncan is.
MVPS, Nash with 2, TP with 1 finals mvp(thanks to Duncan)
mk92c3.gif

So, you give the edge to Nash because TP drives to the basket more?
laugh.gif
.. you do realize the size of this dude, right?

If i remember correctly.. TP pretty much dominated that series against Cavs.. so stop with the " thanks to duncan " BS..

And also what has Nash done after the Marion trade?..

LOL. some of nt'ers really have no answer.

Obviously we're not talking about who's better right now.

We're ranking players right now as of the whole career.

No way TP is seeing Nash right now.

Find something else to do today.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Nash sucks at defense, I'm not trying to hide this fact, but so does Tony Parker, and so do other hall of farmers and so does some other people on that list. Nash gets crucified for his defense, but Tony Parker is a saint. You try and make basketball into to some 1 vs 1 type thing when Tony Parker is more on dimensional than Steve Nash TP job is to score, Nash's job is to run the offense so comparing box scores like is silly.

In 2006 Tony Parker scored 13 points while Steve poured in 30 on him, it goes both ways, one game aberrations don't mean anything.

TEAMS win...nothing more nothing less, Tony Parker is a one dimensional point guard who can't, pass, shoot or defend he scores points, that's it I don't see what makes him better than Steve becuase he hoped on the back of 2 hall of famers to a championship.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How do you fail at CP's game? I mean are you serious, basically you are saying 17>34? Mind you he did that in a playoff game. He doubled yourexample.....in the playoffs. That's not good.....at all. Furthermore TP is NOT one dimensional...maybe a couple years ago but no he's not. He certainlyisn't as bad on D as Nash and is a way better scorer. Lastly he rode Duncan's back for 1 chip. The second against the Cavs was completely and entirelyhis doing.

To someone that said Nash can't shot as great as them are stupid. Nash is one of the best shooters of all time.. yeah I said it. People don't know howgreat of a shooter he is because he doesn't shoot as much. I think in order to be on that list, you must be a true PG. I hate PG's that look to score1st then pass.. ie Tony Parker, and Billups

And Nash over GP is right. Anybody that thinks different has something wrong with them. GP averaged 6 ast per game on his career. :/

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

To someone that said Nash can't shot as great as them are stupid. Nash is one of the best shooters of all time.. yeah I said it. People don't know how great of a shooter he is because he doesn't shoot as much. I think in order to be on that list, you must be a true PG. I hate PG's that look to score 1st then pass.. ie Tony Parker, and Billups

And Nash over GP is right. Anybody that thinks different has something wrong with them. GP averaged 6 ast per game on his career. :/
Nash was the better passer over GP for sure

but if you take away GP's last 2 years in Miami where he only averaged 3 assists per game, he averaged 7.2 asst his previous 15 seasons before Miami
I mean, the dude was 37-38 years old in Miami

but overall I think GP was better because of his body of work - defensive player of the year, Finals in the MJ era, 9 time all star, led the league in stealsone season, led the league is assists one season, 9 time All NBA, 9 time All NBA first team

and he made in to the Finals in a strong Western Conference in the mid-90s..... Nash has yet to lead a team to the Finals

But Nash has the 2-MVP edge over GP

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

To someone that said Nash can't shot as great as them are stupid. Nash is one of the best shooters of all time.. yeah I said it. People don't know how
great of a shooter he is because he doesn't shoot as much. I think in order to be on that list, you must be a true PG. I hate PG's that look to score
1st then pass.. ie Tony Parker, and Billups

but if you take away GP's last 2 years in Miami where he only averaged 3 assists per game, he averaged 7.2 asst his previous 15 seasons before Miami

but overall I think GP was better because of his body of work - defensive player of the year, Finals in the MJ era, 9 time all star, led the league in steals one season, led the league is assists one season, 9 time All NBA, 9 time All NBA first team

and he made in to the Finals in a strong Western Conference in the mid-90s..... Nash has yet to lead a team to the Finals

If Nash is still with the Suns in 2 years, he'll put up better numbers then that. I'm not saying Nash is getting a ring by the time he retires, but yougotta look at the fact that he's going to put up even more numbers up this year and next season. Nash is no where done like GP was when he was at that age.Statwise, this season will be his best.. so Nash's numbers will change slightly for the better. Can't argue them apart yet until Nash is done.

I don't know about you guys but I'll take Nash on my team over GP anyday

has Nash ever even led his team to the Finals?

9. GP
10. Billups

Has the glove? No.

He kinda did...against MJ

I wouldn't say he led them there, those Sonics teams were stacked with solid role players and a great defensive scheme (historically they weresome of the best defensive teams ever). They just had an overrated head coach.

has Nash ever even led his team to the Finals?
smh.gif

9. GP
10. Billups

To be fair, his best shot at making the finals was ruined by a cheap shot:

horry-nash.jpg

If youre seriously arguing AGAINST the fact GP led his team to the FINALS.

If he didnt lead that team , then not many people EVER lead their team.

To someone that said Nash can't shot as great as them are stupid. Nash is one of the best shooters of all time.. yeah I said it. People don't know how
great of a shooter he is because he doesn't shoot as much. I think in order to be on that list, you must be a true PG. I hate PG's that look to score
1st then pass.. ie Tony Parker, and Billups

but overall I think GP was better because of his body of work - defensive player of the year, Finals in the MJ era, 9 time all star, led the league in steals one season, led the league is assists one season, 9 time All NBA, 9 time All NBA first team

If Nash is still with the Suns in 2 years, he'll put up better numbers then that. I'm not saying Nash is getting a ring by the time he retires, but you gotta look at the fact that he's going to put up even more numbers up this year and next season. Nash is no where done like GP was when he was at that age. Statwise, this season will be his best.. so Nash's numbers will change slightly for the better. Can't argue them apart yet until Nash is done.

I don't know about you guys but I'll take Nash on my team over GP anyday

I'm sorry Nash could not compete with GP. And you also have to think of the offensive set each palyer was in. Put GP and Shawn Kemp in the Phoenix %$%*!%+*run and gun and GP would be doing the same thing Nash is doing and playing DEFENSE at the same time. GP was an all-round PG that got it down every night inevery category. Can't say that much about Nash.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

If he didnt lead that team , then not many people EVER lead their team.
Teams get to championships, we have this habit of overrating the impact of one player. TEAMS win games, it's that simple.

Back
Top Bottom