ESPN TOP 10 point guards of all time

Really? Steve Nash lost twice to Tony Parker and also the the team that he just left?
nerd.gif

You mean the Mavs that let Steve Nash walk for nothing, yet damn near won the NBA championship the year he left?

Those Mavericks?

Hmmmm, weird.

Tony Parker beat him too huh? Twice?

Wow.

Nash is prolly just unlucky I guess. Lots of free agents leave teams and then those teams go on to win the finals * (Mavs should own that title, but oh well,I won't whistle about it.)

Like I said TEAMS win, the Spurs were a better team.

It's a logical fallacy to conclude that Spurs>Suns therefore Tony Parker>Nash.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
And the Mavs without Nash > The Suns WITH Nash?
nerd.gif
No the Mavericks+ Jason Terry, + Josh Howard in his THIRD year as opposed to rookie+Devin Harris>The Suns with Nash.

Plus Dirk became future Hall of famer Dirk and took his game to another level, I think it's becuase a slower half court offense suits Dirk more than runand gone, people often forget Dirks period of utter dominance. 04-07 he led the league in PER twice putting up 26, 27, 28 level PER's
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

To get some perspective those are up there with the all time great PF's Duncan, Malone, Barkley, all put up 28 level PER's in there prime only Wilt,Jordan and now Lebron have ever cracked 30.

And NO. No, I would not trade Fisher for Nash. No, I would not. Not ever. I value championship clutchness, something Nash is severly lacking. Someone who will hit clutch shots, in moment where most players are scared little girls. D Fish is not one of those, and you can NOT put a price on a guy like that. Is he more talented? No. Is he a better player per say? No. Who would I rather have the ball to lead my offense in the final possesion of a playoff game? It ain't Steve Nash.
wink.gif

C'mon now CP.
grin.gif

That's like saying you would rather have Robert Horry at the 4 spot than Pau Gasol because Horry showed more clutchness before LA brought Pau in. Iwouldn't mind Nash leading my offense on a final possession of a playoff game. I trust in his decision making and he's not rated as one of the best forno reason.

How does bringing up individual game performances (Smush, Billups, etc.) prove anything other than one game aberrations?

I understand why some of the Kobe homers don't appreciate Steve Nash for 3 main reasons.

First is that Nash got mvps 2 in a row during Kobe's prime. Kobe's best bet was when he avged 35, but he also took close to 30 shots a game. No wayKobe was winning the award, funny how he thought he should've got it himself.

Second, Nash was running the Suns, and Lakers weren't seeing them around the time.

Lastly, Lakers couldn't keep up with the Suns during the playoffs including blowing the 3-1 lead.

That hurts.

But if you think TP > Nash, get some water.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

How does bringing up individual game performances (Smush, Billups, etc.) prove anything other than one game aberrations?
I dunno.
ohwell.gif

The fact of the matter CP could be right Nash is probably a top 15 point guard, but my point is the difference between 15-10 is so minisclue we are justsplitting hairs.

koolbarbone wrote:
How does made up stats to showcase what other players do around one PG make a point compared to the other PG's actually being contributors towinning titles or at the very least making the finals?

Like I have said 8 billion times. Quit with flashy made up stats.

Show me a team that let a free agent walk, and then damn near won the title (Mavs, letting Nash go, but being robbed of their title)

Show me a MVP that let a another player at the exact same position walk in and 34-0 him in his own building. (for reference, that would have to be like LeBronletting Paul Pierce come into Cleveland and drop 34 unanswered on Bron) (Or Bird, letting Nique drop 34 on him in Boston, or Shaq letting David drop 34 on himwithout scoring) IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO REAL MVP'S

Show me a back to back MVP who can't even make one finals in his life. And especially one that is being considered as a top 10 player at his spot.
smh.gif

Meanwhile, we have guys who have done similar things in their careers, and yet have rings, AND Finals MVP's to show for it, but aren't considered onpar with the mighty Nash?

Show me the Phoenix Sun PG who averaged 20 and 10 for 3 straight years while shooting 50 percent........hint, it'll be Kevin Johnson.
wink.gif

So go ahead and concoct some more stats to dazzle me with, you won't have anything of true value. Billups, Parker, KJ, Derek Fisher all will.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

I understand why some of the Kobe homers don't appreciate Steve Nash for 3 main reasons.

First is that Nash got mvps 2 in a row during Kobe's prime. Kobe's best bet was when he avged 35, but he also took close to 30 shots a game. No way Kobe was winning the award, funny how he thought he should've got it himself.

Second, Nash was running the Suns, and Lakers weren't seeing them around the time.

Lastly, Lakers couldn't keep up with the Suns during the playoffs including blowing the 3-1 lead.

That hurts.

DO NOT enter this discussion. Do not.

Do not.

Go away, take your worthless mindless meaningless thoughts with you. Go away. Be gone. You're dismissed.

koolbarbone wrote:
How does made up stats to showcase what other players do around one PG make a point compared to the other PG's actually being contributors to winning titles or at the very least making the finals?

Show me a team that let a free agent walk, and then damn near won the title (Mavs, letting Nash go, but being robbed of their title)

Show me a MVP that let a another player at the exact same position walk in and 34-0 him in his own building. (for reference, that would have to be like LeBron letting Paul Pierce come into Cleveland and drop 34 unanswered on Bron) (Or Bird, letting Nique drop 34 on him in Boston, or Shaq letting David drop 34 on him without scoring) IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO REAL MVP'S

Show me a back to back MVP who can't even make one finals in his life. And especially one that is being considered as a top 10 player at his spot.
smh.gif

Meanwhile, we have guys who have done similar things in their careers, and yet have rings, AND Finals MVP's to show for it, but aren't considered on par with the mighty Nash?

Show me the Phoenix Sun PG who averaged 20 and 10 for 3 straight years while shooting 50 percent........hint, it'll be Kevin Johnson.
wink.gif

So go ahead and concoct some more stats to dazzle me with, you won't have anything of true value. Billups, Parker, KJ, Derek Fisher all will.
glasses.gif

I'll admit some stats are deceiving but at least they are the product of a complete season's work, not just one game. And what game areyou referring to? I tried to find the Billups one and couldn't.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

koolbarbone wrote:
How does made up stats to showcase what other players do around one PG make a point compared to the other PG's actually being contributors to winning titles or at the very least making the finals?

Show me a MVP that let a another player at the exact same position walk in and 34-0 him in his own building. (for reference, that would have to be like LeBron letting Paul Pierce come into Cleveland and drop 34 unanswered on Bron) (Or Bird, letting Nique drop 34 on him in Boston, or Shaq letting David drop 34 on him without scoring) IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO REAL MVP'S

smh.gif

Meanwhile, we have guys who have done similar things in their careers, and yet have rings, AND Finals MVP's to show for it, but aren't considered on par with the mighty Nash?

wink.gif

glasses.gif
I'll admit some stats are deceiving but at least they are the product of a complete season's work, not just one game. And what game are you referring to? I tried to find the Billups one and couldn't.

Yeah you know what, I can't find that damn thing either. It was something from a previous thread we've battled in, Simmons wrote an article andbrought it up and RyGuy and myself and someone else all read it and laughed. But you're right, I can't find the boxscore.
ohwell.gif
So if I'm wrong on that, then I take that part back no doubt.

The Nash hate has gotten a little ridiculous, he is better than Chauncey, KJ and tony Parker.
This.

I agree that the mainstream media overrates Steve Nash, but a lot of NTers take it way too far in the other direction. Rod Strickland? Tim Hardaway? StephonMarbury? Derek Fisher? You guys serious?

osh kosh posts stats that most of the time CUT OUT the deceiving ones.
laugh.gif

whats kj got on nash as far as team sucess? 1 finals trip while playing next to the league mvp?
ohwell.gif

airmaxpenny1 wrote:

And they really disrespected Payton, the greatest defensive PG of all time, I mean my man put the clamps on Jordan and he is behind Nash?
indifferent.gif

QFMFT

First is that Nash got mvps 2 in a row during Kobe's prime. Kobe's best bet was when he avged 35, but he also took close to 30 shots a game. No way Kobe was winning the award, funny how he thought he should've got it himself.

That hurts.

DO NOT enter this discussion. Do not.

Do not.

Go away, take your worthless mindless meaningless thoughts with you. Go away. Be gone. You're dismissed.

LOL. Pin-pointed.

Peeps know I'll back a player like Nash but at this point he's not above GP for all time talk. GP in his prime would kill him. Nash does have ahigher value as he ages though which I'm sure plays a part in that voting.

The thing with Nash is....lotta peeps say he's overrated and a lot say he's underrated. You can't really win. I've always stuck up for himbecause I think he's a damn good player for what he CAN bring to the court. And I've said his MVPs are legitimate based on the years he won them. CouldShaq/Kobe/etc have won them that year? Yup. But it was close and one man had to win. That's the beauty of sports (and rankings like these) though we allhave our various opinions based on what we think is important or not important. It's fun conversation as long as it's not 16 yr old NTers
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

CP I believe I remember the game you were referring to was Spurs/Suns playoffs couple years back...Parked dropped 41 to Nash's 7.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200804250PHO.html

That hurts.

it's so sad you hate Kobe so much, but you bring him up when he is not relevant in this thread. $$*%*!$

Ry, thank you very much. So I was dead wrong about the 34-0 part, it was 34 point difference that Simmons was talkin about, IN Phoenix, IN the playoffs. Mybad for mixin that up and gettin it confused.

Well, does anyone wanna argue that Nash is better then Tony Parker now?
nerd.gif
Bet they don't.
laugh.gif

LMAO some of ya'll judging players with 1-on-1 skills especially when we are talking about pg's.

That was funny actually.

Let's actually focus on skills that are important for pg's.

passing + court vision, Nash wins by landslide.
shooting, no comment needed, we're talking about one of the greatest shooters here.
defense, same difference
leadership, Nash...come on now, Suns w/o Nash was painful to watch
FG%, they're about equal but knowing only thing tp does is driving in, so gotta give edge to Nash.
Rings, TP has 3 but we all know who Duncan is.
MVPS, Nash with 2, TP with 1 finals mvp(thanks to Duncan)

Saying Nash can't win is pretty dumb when he doesn't really have the greatest pf of all time.
TP is just lucky being next to Duncan all the time.

Ask any or every GM, coach, player...
Who would you rank higher? Steve Nash or Tony Parker?

Seriously, come on now.

Back
Top Bottom