ESPN TOP 10 point guards of all time

^there is a lot in that post that will be argued over. a lot. Big O avg 9.5 apg. Those are pg numbers. I cannot argue that Strabury is underrated due to thepast 5 years of craziness/stupidity/lack of success. Saying he is one of the greatest is stretching it. Actually, it is ludicrous.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

And they really disrespected Payton, the greatest defensive PG of all time

Not even the greatest defensive PG of his time...

373311.jpg

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

no marbury?

roll.gif

What's so funny? Seriously, putting the career wins and his internet stuff to the side, Marbury is one of the best point guards of all-time.

I only have a couple of beefs with this list...

1) Wasn't Big O a shooting guard??
2) If Big O makes the list, then how come Iverson doesn't?
3) Excluding the Big O, the order should have been Magic > John Stockton > Isiah Thomas> Walt Frazier> Jason Kidd = Gary Payton > Tiny Archibald > Bob Cousy
4) Point Guards that were all better than Steve Nash:
W020070615495759596830.jpg

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

magic 1
stockton 2

and i wouldnt even object of those two were switched around.

Nashty
pimp.gif

25k61qt.jpg
I agree with everything you say, for one of the first times.
laugh.gif

I'm fine with Magic being one, but not having Stockton AT LEAST third IMO is a slap in the face. He has more assists than anyone by a THIRD, a THIRD morethan anyone else will ever have for a long time.

My top four would have been Magic Stockton Isiah and then O, but that's just me. I have an affection for Isiah.

Also, some of these dudes were on crack, Stockton just barely cracking the top 10?
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Anybody putting stockton over isiah needs to be examined.

word ... what has stockton ever won ... yeh great passer, lots of steals but lets be serious espn got it right w/ those 2

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

word ... what has stockton ever won ... yeh great passer, lots of steals but lets be serious espn got it right w/ those 2

Yea I never understood the Stockton>'Zeke argument

Isiah is better than Stockton.. But it's so annoying when people always use wins as the argument whenever they compare two all-time greats. Wins are a partof it, sure, but it's not the main reason why he's better than Stockton.

If it was about the wins Chauncey Billups and Tony Parker should rank higher than Stockton. Yet I doubt that anyone who ranks Isiah over Stockton because hewon would rank Billups over Stockton. Why? Because they know that it's not about the wins alone. It's a combination of things that determines a playersgreatness.

Because he is a superior defensive point guard, becuase he averaged 14 assists on one of the slowest offenses in the league, and is one of thedeadliest shooters to ever step on a basketball court.

Stockton>Zeke

no marbury?

roll.gif

What's so funny? Seriously, putting the career wins and his internet stuff to the side, Marbury is one of the best point guards of all-time.

Averaging 20 and 8 for garbage teams doesn't make someone one of the best PGs ever. You can't be serious with that. And some of the players that youthink are better than Nash are laughable.

no marbury?

roll.gif

Averaging 20 and 8 for garbage teams doesn't make someone one of the best PGs ever. You can't be serious with that. And some of the players that you think are better than Nash are laughable.

Why do people always state the whole "20 & 8 for garbage teams" thing like it really means something? He played for two garbage teams, the Netsand Knicks. One was garbage when he got there and never had the personnel necessary for winning. The other is was a crap organization that had no idea how toassemble the right personnel.

What other top point guard had to deal with all of that and came out on top?

People always forget that Marbury helped take Minnesota from the lottery to making the playoffs back to back. When he was with Pheonix would've knocked SanAntonio out of the playoffs if he didn't injure his shoulder. And even when he first joined the Knicks how he took their garbage squad to the playoffs.

What other pgs with his numbers would you say are more talented than Marbury? And exactly how is Nash better than the other point guards I mentioned (includingTony Parker)?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Because he is a superior defensive point guard, becuase he averaged 14 assists on one of the slowest offenses in the league, and is one of the deadliest shooters to ever step on a basketball court.

Stockton>Zeke

stockton couldn't guard a chair so where is the "superior defensive point guard" come from?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Because he is a superior defensive point guard, becuase he averaged 14 assists on one of the slowest offenses in the league, and is one of the deadliest shooters to ever step on a basketball court.

Stockton>Zeke

stockton couldn't guard a chair so where is the "superior defensive point guard" come from?
He's the all-time leader in steals by a huge margin, how are you going to say he's a bad defensive player?

cRazy dav0 wrote:

chitown4eva wrote:

Stockton>Zeke

Superior defensively? You lost me there.

Nash gets no love on NT. payton n nash could be switched and it wouldn't be all that big of a deal.

I'll take stockton over zeke but its arguable. In terms of numbers zeke was a better scorer and ppg shows that. but john outlasted zeke's career by 6more seasons. that longevity combined with superior shooting (dude shot 51.5% over a 19yr span, thats just nasty and shot 57.4% during a season), passing,better ability to read a play and steal and a better FT shooter. But Zeke also won two chips, a finals MVP and two time all-star MVP. Lack of a ring is theonly thing that hurts stockton, although he does have 5 selections to the nba all-defensive teams over zeke.

so AI and CP3 are great defensive players going by that?
Iverson isn't sniffing Stockton's record and I doubt CP3 will either. That's the difference.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Stockton>Zeke

He's the all-time leader in steals by a huge margin, how are you going to say he's a bad defensive player?

Back
Top Bottom