ESPN TOP 10 point guards of all time

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by CP1708

Quit tryna get me banned Mike.
smh.gif

laugh.gif

something wrong with the list you like to speak on?

This is a trap, I ain't speakin on nothin.
laugh.gif

And they really disrespected Payton, the greatest defensive PG of all time, I mean my man put the clamps on Jordan and he is behind Nash?
indifferent.gif

Because Mr. Nash has 2 MVPs.

...and of course the ENTIRE NT bball fans do not agree with that.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

And they really disrespected Payton, the greatest defensive PG of all time, I mean my man put the clamps on Jordan and he is behind Nash?
indifferent.gif

Because Mr. Nash has 2 MVPs.

...and of course the ENTIRE NT bball fans do not agree with that.

And still managed not to lead his team to a single final, which Payton did in an era which was much harder, pushing a team that was 72-10 to a 6game series. If it wasn't for George Karl, who didn't think it would be a good idea for Payton to guard Jordan for some ******ed reason in the firstcouple games, the Sonics would have had a legit chance to win that series.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

whats so funny?

i thought u was joking.

i don't think you can really compare the two. i know you were looking at both of them being high volume scorers, but could you really label iverson as atop pg comparing him to jerry west? or are you just saying since he got the votes and he was a high volume scorer, that iverson could've made an argumentas well?

i can't lie and say i've seen west play though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Frazier>Stockton

indifferent.gif
Agreed... Payton should be ahead of Kidd on that list imo

and i wouldn't call Payton the best defensive PG ever just yet when you got Clyde out there. i hate when people disrespect Clyde and dont give him thecredit he deseerves. His Game 7 performance in 1970 has to be one of the greatest Game 7 finals performances in any sport... and he has a vicious swagger and arhyming dictionary
smokin.gif

I dont know if Nash belongs there. I just think he is way overrated and benefitted from a system.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

I dont know if Nash belongs there. I just think he is way overrated and benefitted from a system.

Nah, i think 9 is a decent spot for him. He has to be in the top 10 IMO (shut up CP
laugh.gif
).

My question is how did 5 voters not have GP anywhere in the top 10?

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Frazier>Stockton

indifferent.gif
Agreed... Payton should be ahead of Kidd on that list imo

and i wouldn't call Payton the best defensive PG ever just yet when you got Clyde out there. i hate when people disrespect Clyde and dont give him the credit he deseerves. His Game 7 performance in 1970 has to be one of the greatest Game 7 finals performances in any sport... and he has a vicious swagger and a rhyming dictionary
smokin.gif
I don't think putting Payton ahead of Clyde defensively is disrespecting Clyde at all. Payton is far superior in basically every statisticaldefensive category.

GP > Nash The Glove gets no love? Dude actually took his team to the finals in 96 and he has a ring. PG with lock down D is toughto find now a days...

Clyde is #2 but Payton's defense is unparalled.

While I would prolly pick Kidd just ahead of Payton because his career longevity has been better, Payton sonned Kidd everytime in a head to head matchup.

I don't know if anyone on the list aside from Magic could deal with Payton when he was in his prime.

Although the Glove was a great player and was one of the best defensive guards of all time, he wouldn't have taken those Nets teams to the finals,hasn't won a finals MVP or a league MVP (let alone two) so although you can argue his position should be higher on the list or whether or not he actuallydeserves to be on it at all that's all it would be, an argument.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

no marbury?

roll.gif

What's so funny? Seriously, putting the career wins and his internet stuff to the side, Marbury is one of the best point guards of all-time.

I only have a couple of beefs with this list...

1) Wasn't Big O a shooting guard??
2) If Big O makes the list, then how come Iverson doesn't?
3) Excluding the Big O, the order should have been Magic > John Stockton > Isiah Thomas> Walt Frazier> Jason Kidd = Gary Payton > Tiny Archibald> Bob Cousy
4) Point Guards that were all better than Steve Nash:

page2_blog_entry62_1.jpg
kj.jpg

Hardaway96.jpg
large_rod-strickland.jpg

AAFH016.jpg
stephon-marbury.jpg
ChrisPaul7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom