Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

Da woke left is at it again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone dissing your boss using work systems/coms deserves to be fired.

From an outsiders perspective, it appears to me a lot of people have been floating by at twitter. Elon has been a moron over the past few weeks but lets keep this in perspective, the richest man in the world is losing money and his backers (banks, pe etc) stand to lose billions. There really isn't a loser here. Besides him :lol:

Anyone dissing your boss using work systems/coms deserves to be fired.

From an outsiders perspective, it appears to me a lot of people have been floating by at twitter. Elon has been a moron over the past few weeks but lets keep this in perspective, the richest man in the world is losing money and his backers (banks, pe etc) stand to lose billions. There really isn't a loser here. Besides him :lol:
Dude, it is funny because for years now Musk has been complaining about people getting fired and canceled for things their bosses didn't like. Cancel culture, woke mobs, all the usual reactionary right-wing nonsense

He said Twitter should be a free-speech bastion, including dissing him

Before this went down, everyone knew Musk was full of ****, now his fragility and ******** are on full display

Screenshot 2022-11-16 at 12.58.27 AM.png

Yeah but Musk deluded himself into thinking that regular active Tweeter user we're gonna be the ones that jump on this.

Legally, no they can't :lol:

I get you are trying to tell dude that the former employees have no recourse in this situation, but this is a patently false statement
Ok bro >D, of course there are exceptions "mr. know it all"

The term "employment-at-will" simply means that unless there is a specific law to protect employees or there is an employment contract providing otherwise, then an employer can treat its employees as it sees fit (including the assignment of demeaning tasks) and the employer can discharge an employee at the will of the employer for any reason or no reason at all. It is also up to each employer to decide if its employees may see their own personnel file or not.

Ok bro >D, of course there are exceptions "mr. know it all"

The term "employment-at-will" simply means that unless there is a specific law to protect employees or there is an employment contract providing otherwise, then an employer can treat its employees as it sees fit (including the assignment of demeaning tasks) and the employer can discharge an employee at the will of the employer for any reason or no reason at all. It is also up to each employer to decide if its employees may see their own personnel file or not.
I know what at will employment is

Maybe next time just explain your point from the jump.

Or you can be snarky when someone simply points out that your flippant comment is incorrect

Your choice. Don't really care either way.

There's gotta be a more fun way to piss away $44B

Well they are offering three months severance for those who choose to leave lol. Will be interesting to see how many take the severance package and should they lose key employees will Musk beg them to reconsider?!?

Also, I haven't been following this that closely but for those fired and then found to be "essential" did they offer them a nice pay bump to come back or did they just think they'd return with open arms?

Well they are offering three months severance for those who choose to leave lol. Will be interesting to see how many take the severance package and should they lose key employees will Musk beg them to reconsider?!?

Also, I haven't been following this that closely but for those fired and then found to be "essential" did they offer them a nice pay bump to come back or did they just think they'd return with open arms?
I'm not a tech guy, but I work a leadership position at my job and understand the psychology of managing people. To me the severance package seems like it would be a no-brainer when the alternative is long hours, an overwhelming workload, and incompetent leadership.

This all sounds like a great way to scare away half of your staff and burn out the other half. What could go wrong?

:rofl:

I'm not a tech guy, but I work a leadership position at my job and understand the psychology of managing people. To me the severance package seems like it would be a no-brainer when the alternative is long hours, an overwhelming workload, and incompetent leadership.

This all sounds like a great way to scare away half of your staff and burn out the other half. What could go wrong?
Completely agree with everything you said. I stated in another thread this was his stance from jump, even those left Elon doesn't necessarily want. I think he is trying to change the culture overnight, and if you want to stay great, if not he'll plug in folks from his other companies to do the work.

I suspect another 5-10% of the company leaves through this or other attrition. I do not agree with this approach btw. I think he is assuming tech is tech. No sir, social media is a completely different industry than cars/space travel/payments.

Seems as though the plan is backfiring, and now Twitter HR is telling people if they don't opt in they have resigned, which me no 3 months severance.

This whole thing seems to be backfiring big time...

Back
Top Bottom